WHS Business Partner
Southern Cross University
- Full-time role, continuing position with flexible working conditions
- Competitive remuneration up to $143,354 per annum
- Northern Rivers location, close to picturesque seaside communities including Ballina, Lennox Heads and Byron Bay
Southern Cross University is a dynamic, ambitious institution focussed on its purpose of changing lives through revolutionary learning and research with real impact. Our game changing Southern Cross Model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes, quality of life and a better way to learn. Our world-ranked research is driving positive impact for our communities, environment and economy.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
We are currently seeking a passionate and experienced WHS Business Partner to proactively manage health, safety and wellbeing matters across the University ensuring a safe working environment for our employees and students.
In this role, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to implementing a safety culture at both the strategic and operational levels of the University. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing high-level advice, support, and expertise to managers and staff in relation to health, safety, and wellbeing activities.
- Delivering expert guidance to influence and assist managers in the critical planning and management of safety initiatives, as well as staff development in the areas of safety, hazard, and risk management.
- Offering comprehensive reporting and analysis to inform management decision-making, ensuring alignment with current and future business needs.
- Providing advice and support on case management matters, including safety breaches, complaints, and facilitating successful return-to-work processes.
To be successful in this role, you should possess relevant tertiary qualifications (or equivalent) and have substantial expertise in workplace health and safety. Your exceptional written communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to communicate with a broad range of staff at all levels of understanding of WHS matters. In addition, you will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in database management and risk reporting systems, with the ability to utilise and interpret various metrics to inform current and future health and safety strategies.
- Strong project management experience, showcasing your ability to successfully oversee and execute projects related to workplace health and safety.
- Demonstrated success engaging internal and external stakeholders to build effective relationships and enhance service outcomes.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities. This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at our Lismore campus, close to picturesque seaside communities including Ballina, Lennox Heads and Byron Bay. Generous relocation support available.
- HEW Level 8. The base salary ranges from $111,116 – $122,525 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $143,354. There will also be an increase to the base salary of 1.5% in February 2024 and again in July 2024.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and attach a CV and cover letter responding to the selection criteria within the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name:Shaun Brown, WHS Manager
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 11.30pm AEST, 29 October 2023
Southern Cross University is committed to ensuring that the University reflects the rich diversity across the region in which the University’s campuses are located.
The University encourages applications from people of all ages, women, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people who openly identify as LGBTQI+.
We encourage applications from people with disability and will provide adjustments to the recruitment process upon request.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.
Position Description Opens in new window
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.