Volunteer Support Administrator
Volunteer Support Administrator
Location: National Support Centre, London, SE1 (Hybrid)
Contract: Full Time or Part Time fixed term contract until 31 March 2025
Salary: up to £25,000 gross per annum, full time
Closing Date: 1 October 2023
Interviews: 6 October 2023
Are you a Volunteer Support Administrator looking for a new opportunity?
The Marine Society & Sea Cadets (MSSC) is a vibrant and growing charity delivering life changing nautical adventure for young people through the Sea Cadets to give them the best possible head start in life. We also provide personal and professional development opportunities for seafarers with the Marine Society. Working with our staff, cadets, and volunteers, we have built a vision and five-year strategy to take us forward and further improve the astounding contribution already made through our work to the lives of thousands of young people and seafarers, while fully supporting our volunteers who are vital to our success.
We are currently looking for a Volunteer Support Administrator with proven administrative and IT skills to join our busy Volunteer Support Department.
This role involves acting as the first point of contact via email and phone for our 8,000 volunteers providing warm and friendly assistance. This role provides vital support to volunteers within our enrolment process as well as administrative tasks that aid and celebrate our volunteers. Our successful candidate will be organised, a strong team player and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Process adult volunteer applications to join the Sea Cadets including processing references, ensuring that personnel records are updated accordingly on our database
- Review and approve applications for the Cadet Forces Medal
- Submit applications for volunteer security checks and ID cards
- Respond to all volunteer enquiries received by MSSC by email, post and phone
Computer literacy: strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, email, internet and experience of web based information systems
Experience of working in a customer focussed role, including handling a wide range of enquiries by phone and email, and handling challenging phone calls and emails
Experience of using data protection procedures
Experience of database inputting and records maintenance and management
Experience of setting up and using Mail Merge to issue emails or letters
For further information, please download the Recruitment Pack.
- Flexible Working hours and a hybrid culture
- Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life assurance (4x salary) for those that join the pension
- Private medical insurance
- Pension (employer contribution up to 10%)
- Wellbeing portal and EAP with 121 counselling
- Employee development: We are investing in our employees’ development and have an annual calendar of learning and development opportunities, designed to support employees to develop into their roles and stretch them to achieve their full potential.
- National staff conference: All employees come together once a year to reflect on the past year and celebrate success at our offsite staff conference. This is a great opportunity to listen to employees’ views, and for employees to network, share information and socialise.
If you are interested in this Volunteer Support Administrator vacancy, please apply now!
MSSC positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates from all backgrounds. Equity, diversity, and inclusion really matters to us, so we can best serve our beneficiaries from every community. We work to ensure a fair and consistent recruitment process and aim to be a charity where diversity of experience, identity and skills are valued and welcomed. MSSC is an equal opportunities employer.
We recognise our responsibilities to safeguard and protect the young people and vulnerable adults with whom we work. We do all we can to promote their health, safety and wellbeing, and we expect our staff to share this commitment and work in line with safeguarding policy, the MSSC’s values and ethos of inclusivity. We adhere to safer recruitment practices and therefore employment is subject to detailed pre-employment checks for successful candidates, including references and criminal disclosure checks and the completion of a disclosure questionnaire.
All successful applicants are required to attend safeguarding training and undergo a criminal record check.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.