Background information – ITG
The UNOPS Information Technology Group (ITG) unit is focused on innovation and harnessing cutting-edge technology to deliver solutions to UNOPS that truly address business needs.
Working with UNOPS IT Group is a unique opportunity to deliver systems to users around the world – making an impact on development and solving practical problems for the UNOPS workforce and thereby help people build better lives and countries achieve peace and sustainable development.
ITG’s goal is to provide greater effectiveness, efficiency, and differentiation to UNOPS products and services. UNOPS IT Group is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering, and managing all UNOPS IT infrastructure and business applications. The unit includes Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Solutions Designers, Developers and QA Testers from all around the world who are based primarily in Denmark and Thailand.
The UNOPS digital transformation programme, commenced in 2023, is working to define the Digital vision for UNOPS and develop appropriate and sustainable solutions that meet UNOPS needs, especially within field operations. As ITG will be a large supplier on this journey, we are looking to expand the team for the duration of the Digital Transformation Programme, 3 to 5 years.
The Solution Designer position will sit within the Finance & Assets Product team. The Finance & Assets Product team is responsible for the effective creation and management of all of the Finance IT corporate systems within UNOPS. The team interacts regularly with various business units throughout UNOPS, including the Finance Group, Shared service team and the finance field officers in numerous countries.
Under the supervision of the Product Manager, the Solution Designer will ensure that the business needs identified are optimally addressed with a view towards best practices within Finance business systems and increased efficiency, effectiveness, and / or differentiation for UNOPS products and services.
Under the Supervision of Product Manager, the Solution Designer, Finance and Assets will orchestrate the work in the Finance and Assets stream to ensure the timely delivery of optimal and appropriate solutions in the area of finance to address business needs and requirements.
1. Delivers functional and technical expertise in the area of Finance
- Provides a deep level of functional knowledge and support to the Solutions Design team, business analysts and systems analysts, including provision of advice to improve business processes and ensure optimal operation of the solution for Finance
- Makes recommendations on best use of Unit4 Business World (UBW) functionality to accomplish strategic business objectives
- Investigates reported application problems and works with technical specialists to test, diagnose and isolate the root cause of problems. Coordinates further diagnosis and tests as necessary and recommend workarounds where appropriate
- Ensures system documentation relating to processes are maintained, kept up to date and meet UNOPS standards
- Provides technical advice in the development and review of design activities for system improvements, changes, enhancements and upgrades as they relate to Finance
2. Delivers solutions design and key / core application development in the area of Finance & Assets
- Facilitates and participates in systems design workshops with ITG Business Analysts and personnel from relevant business functions
- Ensures that business requirements are effectively met and a fit for purpose solution is established
- Ensures that enhancements to the application are undertaken in a carefully planned manner
- Defines and manages system enhancements to the Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP to streamline operations and usability, including execution, coordination of testing, and sign-off
- Implements new modules related to Finance
- Designs and develops new reports or changes / enhancements to reports within the system in the area of Finance
- Implements unit testing and integration testing for any functionality developed
- Provides key inputs and assistance for user acceptance testing
- Assists in the development of training materials and other guidance
- Documents all work activities adequately and in line with ITG standards, including design specifications, detailed technical specifications, etc.
3. Embeds relevant knowledge management and innovation within the Solutions Design function as well as across the organisation
- Contributes to the development of internal capacity across the organization in the area of ICT
- Constantly monitors and evaluates UNOPS policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy
- Recommends new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services
- Leads/organises training and awareness / showcasing events and design / sets training agendas to build capacity of stakeholders across the business
- Master’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Computer Science or other relevant discipline is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in combination with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of master’s degree.
- Secondary education in combination with additional six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in systems development or implementation of business systems and/or business processes in the area of Finance in a large, complex enterprise IT environment, is required
- Within these 5 years, a minimum of 3 years of experience working with design / development of ERP systems is required.
- Knowledge of Finance and other modules in Unit4 Business World (UBW) ERP is highly desirable.
- Experience in the provision of functional and technical analysis and support of an ERP system is required
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills to provide advice and improve processes or services for Finance
- Experience in the development, documentation and maintenance of relevant standards, guidelines and procedures
- Good knowledge in working with SQL is required.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s especially in regard to integration is desirable
- Knowledge of the ExtJS framework would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in Integration design and Mulesoft ESB/API would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and good IT understanding
Full working knowledge of English is essential.