Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an experienced Deployment Technician to coordinate, direct, and perform risk assessments and safety planning for a deployed base of operations. This includes advance team preparedness, convoy, and team management and requires a “ready to deploy” status in response to US and other crisis situations. While not on active deployment, this role will develop and raise technical competencies via continuous review and learning/supporting all assigned functions of relief and recovery programs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong competence in carpentry, remodeling, rebuilding, and housing repair. Industry qualifications preferred.
- Experience as a licensed contractor preferred with ability to succeed and work well in a fast-paced, customer service environment.
- Strong ability to take guidance from leadership and execute plans in a disaster relief zone.
- Excellent logistical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a volunteer team and keep projects moving.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and effectively multi-task.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Familiar with industry standard inventory and transportation applications.
- Must be able to be on camera with a variety of media outlets and conduct compelling interviews.
- Ability to travel, sometimes with 24-hour notice or less, to disaster zones for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make purchases with department purchasing card.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend; excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to consistently lift up to 60 lbs. or more.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- CDL Class “A” with Air Brake Endorsement (Semi-Truck Restriction is acceptable) or ability to obtain
- CPR/AED/First Responder, EMT preferred
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with excellent driving record
- Maintain Forklift Certification
- Incident Command System and National Incident Management System-100, 200, 300, 400 700 & 800 series courses and training
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please click apply or visit our OB Job Board at www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.