Training & Business Development Officer
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Healthy Brains Healthy Lives is an interdisciplinary program, built on McGill’s global leadership in neuroscience that uses big data analysis to reveal the fundamental mechanisms underlying normal brain function and brain disorders.
NeuroSphere, funded through the Healthy Brains Healthy Lives (HBHL) initiative, is positioned as McGill’s Neuroscience Innovation Accelerator. The NeuroSphere team is dedicated to supporting innovation and entrepreneurship amongst McGill’s neuroscience community.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, HBHL, the incumbent will join the HBHL initiative to support business development, stakeholder engagement and training activities for NeuroSphere with an emphasis on a specific large projects such as the NeuroHub Platform and projects oriented to becoming McGill spin-off companies.
NeuroHub is an open-source software platform that offers tools for efficient, collaborative and reproducible science. NeuroHub gives users access to streamlined systems for secure storage and sharing of multidisciplinary data and powerful computational tools for data processing.
The Training and Business Development Officer’s primary focus will be to support aforementioned projects in mobilizing their sustainability strategy (i.e. transitioning platforms to a Software as a Service (SaaS) model), by identifying relevant stakeholders and users, engaging these individuals, and driving the interest in the projects at and beyond McGill. The Training and Business Development Officer will additionally support NeuroSphere’s overall sustainability strategy by helping to develop knowledge translation and training resources for the NeuroSphere spin-off projects.
The Training and Business Development Officer’s secondary focus will be to support the NeuroSphere team’s broader business development activities by prospecting for potential industry partners and collaborators. They will support in developing knowledge translation materials for the broader range of NeuroSphere-supported projects.
- Identify relevant stakeholders that would support the promotion of NeuroSphere spin-off projects and increase awareness of these across the Neuroscience ecosystem at and beyond McGill
- Support Business Development Manager in identifying users, engaging with users, and driving sales of NeuroHub’s tiered services
- Transition existing NeuroHub users to new NeuroHub services & functions
- Support NeuroSphere team in putting together Memorandums of Understanding and service contracts.
- Maintain database of contacts up-to date and develop a tracking system for revenue generated by users
- Collaborate with the NeuroSphere team to develop training and knowledge translation materials to ensure optimal user experience/stakeholder understanding
- Collaborate with User Support, Documentation & Training Administrator to ensure user needs are met and collaborator questions addressed
- Make presentations for clients and support Business Development Manager in making reports on NeuroSphere-related activities and progress
- Attend internal and external events to present the NeuroSphere spin-offs and/or prospect for NeuroHub users
Additional responsibilities (NeuroSphere at-large)
- Identify opportunities for leveraging of HBHL’s resources
- Support NeuroSphere’s team in developing a larger pool of potential industry partners and collaborators.
- Support Associate Director of Business Development and Business Development Manager in their partner outreach by developing a tiered outreach strategy for business development activities
- Provide support to NeuroSphere team and relevant PI’s in creating one-pagers and pitch deck materials for their NeuroSphere-supported projects
- Monitor funding sources and maintain a database of these for NeuroSphere Supported projects and other HBHL activities
- Support NeuroSphere team in performing the market research and stakeholder discovery that will inform its sustainability strategy
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Experience in sales, partnership development and stakeholder engagement. Knowledge of SaaS platforms both from a technical and operational standpoint. Knowledge of how SaaS platforms can be used to optimize big data analysis, management, integration. Understanding of the use of software and data management in a health sciences research context. Ability to communicate the strengths and weaknesses of various software platforms. Knowledge of the neuroscience start-up landscape. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to optimize client retention and experience. Experience in developing training resources. Excellent interpersonal skills to interact and successfully communicate with a variety of people with different technical and scientific backgrounds. Experience interacting and collaborating with Principal Investigators in the health sciences. Self-starter with ability to meet challenging milestones and problem-solve. Ability to achieve objectives in a timely fashion with multiple, competing priorities. Strong writing and presentation skills. Research experience in the health sciences as well as teaching or training experience. Background in neuroscience, neuroinformatics. Experience in business development and project management. Experience in crafting service contracts and collaboration agreements.
Connaissance du français et de l’anglais. L’Université McGill est une université de langue anglaise où les tâches quotidiennes peuvent nécessiter une communication verbale et écrite en anglais. »
“Knowledge of French and English. McGill University is an English-language university where day to day duties may require English communication both verbally and in writing.”
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree 3 Years Related Experience /
(MPEX Grade 04) $62,550.00 – $78,190.00 – $93,830.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Associate Director Business Development
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.