Teacher – Physical Education, Secondary
Clark County School District
|Date Posted||October 22, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Teacher – Physical Education,
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will create long-range and daily lesson plans to implement high quality,
standards-based instruction for all students aligned to the Nevada Academic Content
Standards (NVACS) and the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF). The
teacher will create and maintain a culturally responsive educational atmosphere that
encourages effective student learning and supports school and Clark County School
District programs and goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the District
Professional Domains and Standards for Licensed Employees and will report directly to
the school site administrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum, aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive, culturally
responsive learning environment.
3. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning
condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develop and implement daily and long-range lesson plans using research-based
strategies to meet the needs of all students, including but not limited to, students
who have been identified as at-risk and above grade level, students with
individualized educational programs (IEP), and English language learners (ELL).
5. Align lesson planning, instruction, reflection, and assessment practices to the
6. Analyze student data and progress with a balanced assessment system to
provide effective and targeted instruction and interventions to maximize student
7. Provide a classroom management plan ensuring safety at all times.
8. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
9. Develop a culturally responsive classroom climate that promotes positive
10. Collaborate effectively and professionally with administration, staff,
parents/guardians, and the community.
11. Integrate the use of technology into the instructional program in accordance with
the Nevada K-12 Integrated Technology Standards.
12. May perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillator
(CPR/AED), as necessary.
13. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as
1. Demonstrates knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary
physical education setting.
2. Works cooperatively with students, parents/guardians, peers, administration, and
3. Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all lessons, units, and
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives in order to meet the needs of all students.
6. Participates as an active member with all faculty and staff.
7. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
8. Maintains and improve professional competence.
9. Knowledge of CPR/AED and universal precautions.
10. Communicates effectively both written and verbally.
Education and Training
An earned bachelor-s degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a
teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE). Certified
in relevant subject area.
2. Must possess a current CPR/AED certificate from an American Heart, American
Red Cross, or other similar organization. Certification must be maintained for the
duration of the assignment. Certification training must be in-person and include a
hands-on component. Online courses will not be accepted. A copy of the front
and back of the CPR/AED certificate must be uploaded into the application.
3. A valid driver-s license or state-issued identification card.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
military status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County
School District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive
innovative solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that
through a culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
– Revised: 03/31/23
– Created: 01/22/09
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.