Teacher – Fashion Merchandising
Clark County School District
|Date Posted||October 22, 2023|
|Industry||K-12: Public Schools|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Teacher – Fashion Merchandising,
Division: Human Resources
Terms of Employment: This is a salaried position assigned to the Licensed Employee
Salary Schedule, 9 Months
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will create long-range and daily lesson plans to implement high quality,
standards-based instruction for all students aligned to the Nevada Academic Content
Standards (NVACS) and the Nevada Educator Performance Framework (NEPF). The
teacher will provide students with the fundamentals of fashion, apparel construction,
consumer decision-making, the principles and elements of design, and will create and
maintain a culturally responsive educational atmosphere that encourages effective
student learning and supports school and Clark County School District programs and
goals. This person will be expected to adhere to the District-s Professional Domains and
Standards for Licensed Employees and will report directly to the school site
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be
1. Administer appropriate District curriculum, aligned with the NVACS.
2. Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive, culturally
responsive learning environment.
3. Create and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning
condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develop and implements daily and long-range lesson plans using research-
based strategies to meet the needs of all students, including but not limited to,
students who have been identified as at-risk and above grade level, students with
individualized educational programs (IEP), and English language learners (ELL).
5. Align lesson planning, instruction, reflection, and assessment practices to the
6. Analyze student data and progress with a balanced assessment system to
provide effective and targeted instruction and interventions to maximize student
7. Provide a classroom management plan ensuring student safety at all times.
8. Develop academic skills within the fashion and design field.
9. Provide students with a historical perspective of fashion and apparel.
10. Ensure students apply modern apparel construction techniques.
11. Develop a culturally responsive classroom climate that promotes positive
12. Ensure assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
13. Collaborate effectively and professionally with administrators, District and clinic
staff, parents/guardians, and the community.
14. Integrate the use of technology into the instructional program in accordance with
the Nevada K-12 Integrated Technology Standards.
15. Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as
1. Demonstrates knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary
2. Works cooperatively with students, parents/guardians, peers, administration, and
3. Guides the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
4. Identifies the elements and principles of design in relation to textile and apparel.
5. Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all lessons, units, and
6. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with
instructional objectives in order to meet the needs of all students.
7. Participates as an active member with all faculty and staff.
8. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and District policy.
9. Maintains and improve professional competence.
10. Communicates effectively both written and verbally.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of the cyclical history of fashion.
12. Demonstrates current knowledge of adolescent research and best practices.
13. Proficient in the operation, care, and maintenance of sewing tools and
14. Proficient in flat pattern and design.
15. High-level sewing and tailoring skills.
Education and Training
1. Minimum of a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Have completed three (3) semester hours of credit in a course of study regarding
parental involvement and family engagement.
3. Have been employed for at least five (5) years after the age of 16 in a position
which relates to the endorsement area of Fashion Merchandising.
Three (3) of the five (5) years of employment may be met by the completion of
coursework or training in the career and technical education area related to the
endorsement. Each of the following will be considered equivalent to one (1) year of full-
– Sixteen (16) semester credits from an accredited or licensed postsecondary
– Two hundred and fifty (250) hours of training from an accredited or licensed
– Two Thousand (2000) hours of part-time employment
– One Thousand (1000) hours of pre-planned employment (i.e. apprenticeship or
on-the job training)
For detailed requirements, visit:
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by time of appointment to the position, a
Business and Industry license (B&I) with an endorsement in Fashion
Merchandising issued by the Nevada Department of Education (NDE).
2. A valid driver-s license or state-issued identification card.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the
minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy
The Clark County School District is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The
Clark County School District is committed to providing all applicants and employees
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or
military status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Here at Clark County
School District we are a diverse group of people who honor the differences that drive
innovative solutions to meet the needs of our students and employees. We believe that
through a culture of inclusivity we have the power to reflect the community we serve.
Job Revision Information
– Revised: 03/21/22
– Created: 04/12/10
Las Vegas, Nevada
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.