Tank Farm Technician II
Location: Saginaw, TX
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers’ tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples’ expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you’re willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Simultaneously uses the production schedules to coordinate the unloading and storage of incoming ingredient oils and bulk ingredients while making batches and blends for the production lines. Perform sanitation duties on the tank farm areas. Utilizes critical thinking to maneuver and balance oils in tanks with production needs and new oil deliveries to ensure production goals are met.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize tank farm equipment and knowledge of pumps, valves and the flow of the pipes to ensure proper storage, transfer and flow of oils to/from railcars, tankers, storage tanks, mix room and production lines
- Coordinates current and future production schedules and calculates needs in tanks to ensure proper amounts of oil are in the appropriate tanks as well as ensuring the appropriate blends are made
- Retrieves oil samples from railcars and tankers by climbing onto the oil transport, then labels the sample, takes the sample to QA for testing and completes the required paperwork to ensure oil quality
- Verifies all bills of lading and transport information (seal numbers/railcar numbers) to ensure no one has tampered with the oils and then completes appropriate documentation
- Complete any blending of oils with ingredients and additives (if required) by weighing and adding, then completing the appropriate documentation
- Uses knowledge of processing temps, crystallization, steaming and votating of oils to ensure the product is prepared properly for pumping and production
- Take physical measurements of all tanks every 12 hours and document oil levels communicating any scheduled shortfalls or problems with the production manager and scheduler
- Complete all required paperwork, accurately and timely. Complete all housekeeping and sanitation duties as required
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in railcar unloading or formulating experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in maintenance, quality assurance and processing of oils preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to think critically and solve complex problems
- Possess excellent analytical skills and is able to make key decisions with minimal supervision
- Good hand and eye coordination is required
- Must be able to multitask to perform required daily duties
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent math and reading skills
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Diversity & Inclusion:
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive environment in which all employees are treated with respect is evident in our company culture and values. We believe that fostering an environment of inclusion and a focus on diversity across our organization is vital to attracting top talent, driving innovation, and meeting the high expectations of our customers in a rapidly evolving global marketplace.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.