Supply Chain Volunteer
IRC - International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee
(IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to
survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert
Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to
refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40
countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions
who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to
Under the direct supervision of
the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Volunteer is responsible for
supporting the Supply Chain Manager in delivery of all supply chain functions
in Nairobi office.
Procurement and Logistics:
- Understand, implement and maintain
IRC standard procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure that procurement is carried
out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices
- Receive and update in BvA system
all fully authorized Purchase Requests in timely manner.
- Obtain quotations from suppliers
by preparing and submitting Request for Quotations (RFQs) or Requests for
- Monitor supplier performance and
follow-up with suppliers on quality issues and timely delivery of goods.
- Ensure that all supplies, services
and equipment required are delivered on time.
- Establish and maintenance ethical,
professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Utilize the online Integra system
for Procurement tracking and documentation through workflow.
- Provide a timely response to
field/requestor with an acknowledgement or an update.
- Filling/uploading procurement
documents in Supply chain back up folder.
- Preparing service and casual
- Following up with the Clearing
Agent on all KRA, customs Department documents
- Maintain vendor/supplier files as
per integra requirements.
- Implementation of current
- Proactively provide feedback and
updates to requesters on their requests within 48hrs.
- Perform other duties, as
appropriate or requested by Supply Chain Coordinator/Supply Chain
manager/Supply Chain Officer
- Any other duties Assigned.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover (motivaiton) letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.impactpool.org.