Staff Data Scientist, Credit Card Modeling
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Marketing Data Science (MDS) team is looking to add a Staff Data Scientist to develop and manage the machine learning models supporting the Credit Card business. This role will also help shape campaign strategy, channel/segment optimization and product decisions through data-driven insights. The Staff Data Scientist will be working closely with Marketing Managers, Business Units, Product & finance partners to build and grow SoFi Bank, Invest, and Credit Cards into a top choice for consumers to “Get Your Money Right”. Success in this role hinges on your technical aptitude, quantitative abilities, and business acumen: you know how to plow through data with SQL/Python/R/Tableau, surface insights using math/statistics/ML techniques, and measure the business impact using efficiency/conversion/profit metrics.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve machine learning models to support the acquisition strategies in Credit Card leveraging in-house or external data sources
- Present model performance and insights to key stakeholders and own all of the model procedures and documentations
- Collaborate with Model Risk Management team to demonstrate that the models are developed with high-level rigor and satisfy the Model Risk Management and Governance requirements
- Work closely with the Data/Engineering, Product and Marketing teams for model deployment across all channels
- Perform ongoing monitoring of the models through the construction of dashboards and KPI tracking
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to apply the models in strategy development, design experimental testing to optimize the efficiency and ROI in Marketing campaigns
- Translate business goals into actionable tactics and campaigns informed by data that deliver short term results and build foundational platform for long term growth
- Design and manage project plans independently, and support partners with ad-hoc analysis requests that come up during normal course of business
- Identify strategic opportunities, synthesize data to craft compelling stories and present recommendations to senior management for decision making
- You stay focused on what’s best for the company – sometimes that requires being flexible, other times it requires being steadfast
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or quantitative field.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in growth or marketing capacity, with 3+ years experiences in machine learning and experimentation/hypothesis testing
- Strong programming skills in SQL, Python and proficiency in Tableau
- Industry experience in Banking, Credit Card and Marketing Analytics highly desired
- Experience with using Airflow to build Data Pipelines in Snowflake is preferred but not required
- Intellectual curiosity and aptitude to pick up new technical skills
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High EQ with ability to influence outcomes and communicate technical content to general audiences
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship building and collaborative skills
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
SoFi is committed to embracing diversity. As part of this commitment, SoFi offers reasonable accommodations to candidates with physical or mental disabilities. If you need accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, please let your recruiter know or email [email protected].
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.