Sr Staff Machine Learning Engineer (IoT)
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible – from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
At Palo Alto Networks, we have built a firewall-as-a-platform that can process massive volumes of network data from hundreds of thousands of customer deployments and millions of users. We leverage data science and machine learning extensively to analyze the network traffic, to protect the users’ data and network from malicious exploits and attacks, to provide the most insightful knowledge for our customers’ OT operations.
You will have the chance to work with a group of most talented data scientists, software developers and security researchers, and be part of an amazing team that helps unlock the value of data. You will conduct research and participate in product development that helps build a platform to protect the ever growing number of Internet of Things, solve the ever growing challenges in cyber security, and drive technology evolution that creates positive impact over business and in the communities.
This role is located at our Santa Clara, California Headquarters.
- Discover new data and vulnerability insights by analyzing IoT network traffic data, and performing IoT data mining and possibly threat hunting
- Model and analyze network data, identify IoT devices and their associated risks using a network data set
- Design and implement machine learning algorithms that analyze data, detect threats, and discover insights
- Build tools and automation needed for IoT network data analytics with the capacity to leverage new software techniques
- Support requests from the field teams and the customers in response to their security incidents, new trending threats or malware campaigns, forensics offered by the IoT security platform, and generate customized reports with data insights
- 5+ years of industry experience, including at least 3 years of them as Machine Learning Engineer or Researcher
- Solid understanding of ML algorithms, including supervised and unsupervised learning, as well as deep learning frameworks like TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity (SQL, Redshift, Mongo, Redis)
- Hands on builder experience, able to learn through building and reduce solution ambiguity through targeted prototype development and testing
- Domain knowledge in network security, network data analytics, and enterprise networking system
- Have career interest in cyber security – a passion for technology that helps protect people
- Proficient in Python and Java, solid in design patterns
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment and interact with stakeholders from different backgrounds
- A team first player who understands the value of collaboration
- Experience in leading projects
- Masters degree or PhD in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent military experience required
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be $175,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.