SOC Analyst – Tier 2 (Night Shift and Weekends)
True Zero Technologies
True Zero Technologies, a veteran-owned small business, was founded on the principle that the purposeful enablement of people and technology in an organization directly ties to the quality of its outcomes. True Zero recognizes that said outcomes begin and end with our people, and that is what we have built, a community of like-minded, driven, and passionate individuals and innovators who are aligned in a common goal of delivering top tier services to our customers. In 2023, True Zero was recognized as a “Best Places to Work” in two categories (“Prosperous and Thriving” ($5MM – $50MM in gross revenue) and “Mid-Atlantic Region” (DC, DE, MD, NC, VA, WV)) and in 2022, was recognized as one of Inc. Magazine’s Top 5000 Fastest Growing Companies.
TZT is seeking an experienced and proactive Tier 2 SOC Analyst to join our dynamic Security Operations Center (SOC) team. As a Tier 2 SOC Analyst, you will play a critical role in investigating and responding to security incidents, conducting in-depth analysis, and implementing effective security controls. Your expertise will contribute to maintaining the integrity and security of our clients’ systems and networks.
As a TZT consultant, the candidate will receive access to the full knowledge base which is driven by the True Zero community as well as the technical backing of the entire PS team. True Zero encourages collaboration and growth through information sharing and knowledge workshops. The candidate will also have access to our internal Slack channel to stay connected with the team as well as the necessary tools to train, demo, test and grow their professional skills.
Tier 2 SOC Analyst Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth analysis of security events and incidents independently, and in support of Tier 1 SOC Analysts.
- Conduct forensic analysis and detailed investigations of security incidents to determine the root cause and extent of compromise.
- Develop and execute incident response plans to contain and remediate security incidents effectively.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Tier 1 SOC Analysts, Incident Response teams, and SOC Lead/Program Manager to ensure timely incident response, resolution, and reporting.
- Continuously monitor and analyze network traffic, system logs, and security tools for indicators of compromise (IOCs) and emerging threats.
- Provide guidance and support to Tier 1 SOC Analysts, including coaching and knowledge sharing to enhance their technical skills.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation related to incident response processes, procedures, and lessons learned.
- Participate in vulnerability assessments and penetration testing activities to identify and address potential security weaknesses.
- Stay up to date with the latest cybersecurity trends, threat intelligence, and attack techniques to enhance the effectiveness of the SOC operations.
Tier 2 SOC Analyst Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience (4+ years) in a SOC or security-related role, with a focus on incident response and analysis.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity principles, best practices, and frameworks (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001, CIS Controls).
- Familiarity with security technologies and tools such as SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, antivirus, and endpoint protection systems.
- Experience conducting forensic analysis and investigations of security incidents, including memory and disk analysis.
- Knowledge of network protocols, packet capture analysis, and log analysis techniques.
- Proficiency in security incident response methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to think critically and make sound decisions under pressure.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Security certifications such as GCIH, GCIA, or CISSP are highly desirable.
- Experience with threat hunting and proactive detection techniques.
- Knowledge of advanced malware analysis and reverse engineering.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.) for automation and data analysis.
- Understanding of cloud platforms and their impact on SOC operations (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Familiarity with endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools and technologies.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and mentor junior analysts.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and incidents.
- Continuous learning mindset and a passion for staying up to date with the latest cybersecurity trends and technologies.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
We’re actively searching for talented security and technology practitioners who are ready to experience the True Zero difference. As a True Zero team member, you’ll enjoy:
– Competitive salary, paid twice per month
– Best in class medical coverage
– 100% of medical premiums covered by True Zero
– Company wide new business incentive programs
– Contribution Incentives (i.e. white papers, blog posts, internal webinars, etc.)
– 3 weeks of PTO starting + 11 Paid Holidays Annually
– 401k Program with 100% company match on the first 4%
– Monthly reimbursement of Cell Phone and Home Internet costs
– Paternity/Maternity Leave
– Investment in training and certifications to broaden and deepen your technical skills
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.