Service Support Worker
BRC - British Red Cross
Hours: 31 per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £19,838 per annum based on 35-hour week (pro rata for part time)
What would you do if you had no family to support you when you were in need and in hospital? Or if you wanted to go home but there was no one to take you? These are the people who we support, taking them home, assessing their needs, offering guidance and support.
A day in the life of a Service Support Worker
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital will refer a patient to us. They may ask for us to take the patient home, ensure the heating is on and that there is food in the fridge prior to patient being discharged. Some typical tasks might include:
- Speaking with healthcare professionals about the support patients require
- Driving to different locations including hospital, doctor surgeries, pharmacies, shops and patient’s homes using BRC vehicles
- Offering both emotional and practical support to people using our service
- Helping to assess our Service Users future needs and helping develop create support planning and signpost to relevant agencies and community groups for support/engagement
- Ensuring our systems are updated so that we can track what support has been offered to patients
- A manual UK driving licence
- A caring, empathetic nature to be able to offer the best support be it on phone or face to face
- Basic IT knowledge, training will be provided on BRC systems
- An understanding of the services the NHS provide, to be able to offer the best advice and guidance to our service users
Closing date for applications is 23.59 on Wednesday 25th October 2023 with interviews ongoing and may be before the closing date.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you’ll get:
- Holidays: 36 days annual leave (including bank holidays) + option to buy 5 extra days (pro rata for part time)
- Pension scheme: Up to 6% contributory pension
- Flexible working: We do our best to accommodate your preferred work style
- Learning & Development: Wide range of career opportunities + comprehensive learning
- Discounts: Access to Blue Light Discount Card and employee benefits platform
- Wellbeing Assistance: Access to mental health and wellbeing assistance
- Team Working: Champion our mission in a collaborative team
- Cycle2Work: Lease a bicycle through the scheme
- Season ticket loan: Interest-free loan for commuting expenses
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover (motivaiton) letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.impactpool.org.