Senior Software Engineer – Big Data
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end user. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a global team operating from 13 global locations to serve more than 65,000 companies — from startups to public companies – that rely on Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM, CX) and employee experience (ITSM).
Freshworks’ cloud-based software suite includes Freshdesk (omni-channel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshchat (AI-powered bots), supported by Neo, our underlying platform of shared services.
Freshworks is featured in global national press including CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg and has been a BuiltIn Best Place to work in San Francisco and Denver for the last 3 years. Our customer ratings have earned Freshworks products TrustRadius Top Rated Software ratings and G2 Best of Awards for Best Feature Set, Best Value for the Price and Best Relationship.
The primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Design and develop a real-time data pipeline for Data ingestion for real-time business usecases
- Develop complex and efficient functions to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components of our data lake
- Grow our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools, handling petabytes of data every day.
- Brainstorm and create new platforms features, which can help in our quest to make data available to cluster users in all shapes and forms, with low latency and horizontal scalability.
- Make changes to our data platform, refactoring/redesigning as needed and diagnosing any problems across the entire technical stack.
- Think outside the box with to implement solutions with new components and various emerging technologies in AWS, and Open Source for successful execution of various projects
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability.
- Write unit tests and support continuous integration.
- Be obsessed with quality and ensure minimal production downtimes.
- Mentor peers, share information and knowledge, and help build a great team.
- Monitor job performances, file system/disk-space management, cluster and database connectivity, log files, management of backup/security, and troubleshoot various user issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional and business teams
We are looking for a candidate with
- proven experience in Big Data Engineering role with hands-on expertise in Apache SparkTM (Scala or PySpark Preferred) and associated performance optimization
- Advanced working Knowledge in SQL and working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Working knowledge of various API interfaces for Bulk or Stream-based data extraction and load processes is a must
- Experience building and deploying a range of data engineering pipelines into production, including using automation best practices for CI/CD
- Experience performing root cause analysis on all data and processes to answer specific questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of Kafka, Spark, stream processing, and scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with cloud solutions on top of AWS
- Good to have ML-ops Knowledge
- Prefered Experience: 3-5 Years
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.