Senior/Principal Software Engineer, Tech Lead, Cryptography Engineering, Product Security
Build the future of data. Join the Snowflake team.
The Cryptography Engineering team provides solutions to common data encryption, data authenticity and key management workflows in order to empower Snowflake engineers and bring the most secure Data Cloud to our customers. We solve the hard security problems so other Snowflake engineers don’t have to.
In this role, you will design, build, and support software solutions across a range of problem areas, including cryptographic libraries/observability and key management. You will have the opportunity to help set direction for the security infrastructure used by engineers across the company. The systems you build must be natively multi-cloud, highly-reliable and scale to match Snowflake’s massive and distributed footprint. Security, reliability and quality are part of everything we do.
We’re scaling our team to help support Snowflake’s growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge the status quo, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
AS A SENIOR OR PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE, YOU WILL:
- Design, develop, and support critical, distributed security services, libraries and frameworks that are reliable and easy to use.
- Build high-quality and reliable software to meet the needs of a fast growing company in a multi-cloud environment.
- Analyze and understand reliability, performance and scalability bottlenecks in the system and solve them.
- Understand the security risks faced by Snowflake and our customers, and build solutions to mitigate them.
- Work with engineering teams from across Snowflake to build empathy and understand their needs.
- Partner with security, engineering and product teams to define and set the strategy for cryptography practices and processes.
- Lead and manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
OUR IDEAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER WILL HAVE:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert-level development skills in Golang or Java
- Familiarity with development in a Linux environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc.
- Experience building secret management, key management, identity and related services
- Experience building and supporting broadly-used facing development libraries and frameworks
- Experience with design, implementation, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Experience managing projects that span multiple teams across organizations
- Ability to work on-site in our Bellevue office.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience building and supporting highly reliable and scalable gRPC services
- Experience with workload orchestration systems such as Kubernetes to deploy and operate services at scale
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform and Pulumi to manage production infrastructure
- Experience with AWS, Azure and GCP to build production services
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.