Senior PPH Associate
September 24, 2023
- Toronto, Canada
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- As delegated by the supervisor, support the outreach to and engagement of PPH donors, and all activities relevant for the acquisition and strengthening of relationships with them, depending on the local market and philanthropic landscape.
- Research, archive and maintain information on donor partners and new prospects, including keeping up to date biographical information, key philanthropic activities, up to date capital information, moves and actions plans (cultivation plans), tasks and events.
- Use Salesforce database to monitor PPH activity; and support the maintenance of up-to-date records of partnerships and relationships, including tracking income raised, keeping internal calendars and plans updated, and/or overseeing staff who handle data entry and maintenance on Salesforce.
- Communicate accurate and timely information on UNHCR’s programs and activities, in conformity with the Organization¿s financial needs and priorities, to prospective and current donors.
- Research, develop and present solicitation, cultivation and stewardship materials in a comprehensive but donor-friendly format for PPH audiences.
- This might include drafting and presenting complex project concept notes, proposals, progress reports, high level briefing notes and letters among other necessary documents, and/or adapting existing materials to the needs of PPH audiences and providing donor care services.
- Support the implementation of the PSP Global Strategy and the national fundraising strategy in aspects related to High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI), foundations and corporations.
- Comply with UNHCR Due Diligence Procedures, help preparing compliance screening reports for submission to PSPs global team.
- Keep informed about the local fundraising and business environment, fundraising best practices and about issues related to humanitarian and development work which might have an impact on PPH activities, and escalate to the supervisor if needed.
- Carry out on-going market research in order to identify new prospects, develop a prioritized list and inform engagement/cultivation plans as needed.
- Support the supervisor in the implementation of cultivation plans for top prospects and donors. This might imply direct management of some accounts, scheduling meetings with prospects/donors, preparing necessary research/materials for upcoming meetings and events, and following up on meeting outcomes and due tasks.
- Provide comprehensive internal reports and updates on pipeline/cultivation progress including recommendations and alerts to the supervisor or senior management as appropriate.
- Support the appropriate strategic and tactical engagement with and approach to PPH prospects in the event of emergencies.
- Support the preparation of internal and external workshops, meetings and networking events which help the cultivation and stewardship of PPH donors, including overseeing logistical aspects; and, if required, liaise with PSP HQ to support the engagement of the market¿s PPH partners and prospects at high-level events coordinated by HQ.
- Assist the global PSP team in the adaptation, testing and/or development of activities and tools that support engagement with PPH donors.
- Provide messaging lines, amongst other necessary tasks in relation to the PPH donors and prospects managed in the market, including for press releases/ conferences, and social media visibility.
- Support the PSP teams efforts to strengthen UNHCR visibility towards PPH audiences and to position UNHCR as the `go to brand and Organization for private sector actors interesting in forced displacement.
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of promotional materials for campaigns targeting PPH Donors to ensure compatibility, timing and best results.
- If applicable, represent UNHCR/PSP in meetings with prospective and current partners to promote an accurate understanding of UNHCR’s work and its financial and other needs.
- Assist in the development of strategies and plans to engage the different segments of PPH donors with UNHCR and the refugee cause, which might include liaising with HQ to receive the necessary technical information on UNHCR programmes and thematic area strategies.
- Support the engagement with intermediaries by undertaking research, consolidating information and bringing matters to the supervisor as needed. This might include keeping updated on local law affecting wills and legacies.
- If applicable, support on the development of marketing programmes to receive Gifts in Wills targeting major donors and HNWI audiences; and support plans to nurture such audiences into including UNHCR in their will.
- Ensure that legacies and HNWI pledges and notifications are recorded and followed up in the most appropriate way to maximise income and provide good quality planning information
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education & Professional Work Experience
- Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.