Senior Manager, Development Operations (DevOps) (Remote)
United States of America
PW208: Connecticut Remote Remote Location , Remote City, CT, 06035 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole – best – selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
We have an exciting remote opportunity for a Senior Manager, Development Operations (DevOps)!
Reporting within the Digital Product Management organization as the Senior Manager DevOps Engineer, you will help us revolutionize our test, deployment, and production infrastructure allowing fast, safe, and cost-effective releases. This includes implementing new tools as well as supporting existing codebases and infrastructure. You will take advantage of cutting-edge technologies to improve automation capabilities of the infrastructure supported throughout our organization. You will work with the Enterprise Architecture Team to ensure that our CI/CD infrastructure meets the needs of our development efforts, reliability and scalability expectations.
- Develop CI/CD and infrastructure automation strategies.
- Revolutionize our environments for more streamlined testing, deployment, and production architecture.
- Assist in ensuring we maintain the highest level of security possible.
- Support new projects that will need innovative infrastructure solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for DevOps infrastructure tooling and support.
- This is a remote role with the expectation of on-site/in-person collaboration with teammates and stakeholders for moments that matter and may require up to 25% travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field and 10+ years’ experience with relevant technology like and not limited to, enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures for data and analytics, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management, and also including 6+ years of experience designing, installing and overseeing DevOps; OR an Advanced degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field and 7+ years’ experience with relevant technology like and not limited to, enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures for data and analytics, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management, and also including 6+ years of experience designing, installing and overseeing DevOps; OR in lieu of the required education, the candidate may have 14+ years’ experience with relevant technology like and not limited to, enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures for data and analytics, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management, and also including 6+ years of experience designing, installing and overseeing DevOps.
- Candidate must be a US Person (Green Card Holder or US Citizen) due to government contracts.
- Highly motivated, self-sufficient and passionate about creating quality environments for both Software Development and fault tolerant production environments.
- Experience with DevOps related practices such as CI/CD, Canary Pushes/Blue-Green deployments, Software Defined Infrastructure and tools on AWS and Azure.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, ECS, load balances, security groups, S3 to name a few).
- Working knowledge of Terraform and Packer as well as general configuration management concepts.
- Strong experience with containerization (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes).
- Experience deploying and supporting microservices-based architecture.
- Familiar with continuous integration infrastructure (Jenkins).
- Solid understanding of DNS, SSL, and networking architecture.
- Strong Linux fundamentals.
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python).
- Experience with logging and monitoring utilities (Datadog).
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure best practices and security as well as vulnerability remediation.
- Knowledge of NGINX, Redis.
- Experience utilizing formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices, and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced applications including various Agile approaches and Lean principles.
- Knowledge of software engineering processes and procedures.
- Experience working in Aerospace or other highly regulated industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, and processes of design thinking; ability to utilize the knowledge in designing new products and services and even improving organizational operation.
- Experience with SAST/DAST is a bonus.
- Experience supporting a 24 x 7 global operations environment with on-call responsibilities for production support.
- Understanding of Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD) & Test-Driven Development (TDD) practices.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
- This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.