Senior Data Modeler
Experian unlocks the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We gather, analyze and process data in ways others can’t. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Our 17,800 people in 45 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Modeler to help us unlock our vast amounts of data via effective modelling and advanced analytics, enabling us to make smarter decisions and deliver even better products to our clients. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems and automated scores using machine learning, integrated with our products. You will be also be supporting our business teams, pre-sales and analytics to ensure optimal product creation.
Ideally suited to someone who has 5 to 8 years’ experience core analytics function of a large bank / consulting firm and with experience on handling large data volumes using data analysis tools and generating good data insights.
What you’ll be doing
- Delivering high quality analytical and value-added services for the clients while adhering to timelines as promised to the client.
- You’ll play an integral role to Engage Business/Technical Consultants and delivery teams appropriately so that there is a shared understanding and agreement as to deliver proposed solution
- You will have the opportunity to Use analysis and customer insights to develop value propositions for customers
More about you
- A strong understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as Gradient Boost, KNN, etc.
- Knowledge of different modelling frameworks like Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Decision Tree
- Decent understanding and hands-on of statistical modelling/data analysis tools especially Python and/or SAS and market trends
- Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
- Understanding of decisioning and portfolio management in banking and financial services would be added advantage
- Understanding of credit bureau would be an added advantage
Why this role is critical to us
- Our business thrives on our ability to leverage data and advanced analytical capabilities, so you’ll have an important mission
- Pinnacle appointment in our broader targeting solutions product development team
- We’re a high-performance and driven team but we don’t forget to celebrate success
- We offer strong career and international opportunities for high performers
- We invest heavily in our products and our people
- We offer training and support from experienced subject matter experts and managers plus dedicated learning & development time
- We are looking for someone who:
- Is a consultative business professional
- Is confident, clear, certain and consistent
- Is able to work alongside a sales team managing multiple opportunities concurrently
- Passionate, resourceful, gracious and adaptable
- High moral standards, honesty and an ethical approach to doing business
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to see the big-picture & develop conceptual solutions
- Candidates that have prior relevant work experience, excel in ambiguous situations, and possess a passion for helping companies become more competitive
- Business acumen combined with a comfort with technology is a must
Experian Careers – Creating a better tomorrow together
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.