Senior Data Engineer
UpClear delivers a SaaS revenue management platform that is used by some of the most recognizable consumer goods brands in the world. Our system supports Trade Promotion Management, Trade Promotion Optimization, Integrated Business Planning and Revenue Management.
We serve more than 80 brands in over 30 countries. Our growth is substantial and consistent; we have been on the Inc 5000 list of fastest growing private companies for eight years in a row.
UpClear’s global headquarters is in New York City and we have satellite offices in London, Paris, and Hong Kong.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team and help us build and maintain our data infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of data engineering principles and best practices, as well as experience with a variety of data technologies. They will also have experience with a variety of data tools and technologies, and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain SQL Schema objects (Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures etc).
- Optimize and refactor data architecture solutions using technology other than SQL.
- Optimize database performance and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Integrate data from disparate sources into a single data warehouse.
- Develop, maintain, and document data models and schemas.
- Work with other engineers to design and implement data governance protocols and procedures.
- Ensure high availability and accuracy of data across multiple geographical regions.
- Perform code reviews and give senior guidance to other developers.
- Ability to use database monitoring tools to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Work directly with product leadership in building functional/technical specifications for customer requests.
- Deep dive into complex data issues and provide detailed analysis and solutions to client representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or similar
- 5+ Years Experience with a Database Platform (e.g., SQL Server, Azure SQL)
- Ability to perform DBA tasks and operations, preferably in cloud-based database solutions (e.g., Azure SQL).
- Experience with optimizing data procedures and ETL pipelines.
- Experience with a source control system (e.g., GIT)
- Experience with Agile Development Processes.
- Experience with designing, developing and analyzing complex T-SQL (e.g. Functions, Stored Procedures)
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD principles.
- Experience with managing, developing, and operating large data warehouses.
- Experience in developing data-based solutions with a programming language (e.g. Python, C#)
- Experience in a cloud platform operations a plus (e.g., Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with a scripting language or with Devops automation a plus (e.g. Bash, Powershell)
WHY UPCLEAR ?
- Be part of a growing global SaaS company, with offices in NYC, London, Paris, Hong-Kong
- Work on latest Cloud technology and build architecture for fast-growing Tech
- Weekly happy hours, good office culture, global cross team collaboration, direct access to executive leadership for guidance.
- UpClear employees have access to a range of competitive benefits, including
- Various Health Care Plans you can choose from to best fits your needs (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan with company match (401k, IRA)
- Generous Paid Time Off package that grows with seniority (Vacation, Sick, and Public Holidays)
- Paid Maternity leave
- Paid Parental bonding leave
- One month paid sabbatical after five continuous years of work at Upclear
- Hybrid work model
- Competitive Salary ($140K – $190K)
The salary range listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future. When determining a team member’s base salary several factors may be considered as applicable including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.