Senior Administrative Assistant
University of Derby
Examinations and Assessments Specialist – FE
Buxton & Leek College (Buxton/Leek Campus)
£23,343 to £25,143 per annum (for exceptional performers, there is scope for further progression up to £28,914 per annum)
Sunday 29 October 2023
About the role
We are recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant – Examinations to provide efficient and effective support in the arrangements of examinations and assessments for FE and Skills (FES) across Buxton and Leek College. As part of the Examinations Team, you will be expected to promote excellent customer service and contribute to the development and operation of the examinations and assessment service. You will assist in the delivery of a high quality, professional service to students, delivery teams and external stakeholders.
Please note this role is part time, 30 hours per week.
Interview date – 9th November 2023.
For informal enquiries, please contact Sarah Rhodes, Examinations and Assessments Specialist (FE) – [email protected]
systems/websites and internal systems.
- Academic or vocational qualifications at Level 3 or above or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a busy administrative environment.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
Skills, knowledge & abilities
- Knowledge of work practices, processes and procedures in legislative/regulatory environments.
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects and successfully deliver within set deadlines.
- IT literate.
- Initiative and judgement to resolve and respond to many problems independently.
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work towards conflicting deadlines in a busy environment.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills
- Manage own time/prioritise work effectively.
- Approach work in a methodical manner that others can relate to.
- Willingness to positively react to change and learn new challenges.
- Strong customer focus.
- Flexible attitude and approach to tasks.
- Willingness to work outside of normal hours at times as relevant to achieve targets and meet the needs of the FES provision.
- Ability to occasionally work at each location where the FES activity is located.
- Academic or vocational (business administration) qualification/s at Level 4.
- IT Qualification(s).
- Education sector experience .
- Knowledge of examinations and assessments in FES.
- Working knowledge and understanding of systems and services in an FES environment.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures at an operational level.
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Presentation of management information for decision making.
As well as competitive pay scales, we offer generous holiday entitlement. We also offer opportunities for further salary progression based on performance, and the opportunity to join a contributory pension scheme.
Find out more about pay and benefitsFind out more about pay and benefits
How to apply
You can apply by submitting an online application. Once you have signed in or registered with us you will be able to begin your application. If you are creating an account for the first time, please ensure you provide an email address that you access regularly as this will be our main means of contacting you regarding your application.
- Apply online Apply online
- Continue application Continue application
- Advice on completing your applicationAdvice on completing your application
If you require any assistance, including the provision of any documentation in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team at [email protected] .
Please note all applications must be submitted online by Midnight GMT on the closing date of the vacancy.
Please note that unfortunately, this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the UK Visas & Immigration points based immigration system; however, applications are welcome from candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK, but who would be eligible to obtain a valid visa via another route..
Please consult the Home office website for further information.
If you are successful, you will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The post for which you are applying is exempt from Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 requiring any spent convictions to be declared. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence and only used when considering your suitability for the post.
To enable us to process your DBS check please ensure you are able to supply the documentation listed on the DBS website at interview stage.
Equity, diversity and inclusion
The University of Derby is committed to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion. However you identify, we actively celebrate the knowledge, experience and talents each person brings. Our students come from a wide range of backgrounds; therefore we are particularly interested to hear from applicants who will help our leaders and teams be more reflective of our student population.
A university that celebrates youA university that celebrates you
Download Senior Administrative Assistant – Examinations job descriptionDownload Senior Administrative Assistant – Examinations job description
Why join Derby?
Challenging, interesting and constantly changing, the University of Derby is an extraordinary place to learn and an incredibly rewarding place to work.
Find out more about working at the UniversityFind out more about working at the University
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect everyone who works for us to also share this commitment and to treat people with courtesy and respect.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.