Senior Administrative and Financial Assistant
September 24, 2023
- New Delhi, India
International Labour Organization
The ILO therefore will implement a 32-month pilot project in Tamil Nadu to support constituents, enterprises, and other stakeholders to prevent and resolve conflict through social dialogue and effective labour dispute resolution systems, with workplace-level focus on the electronics sector. The project will build state-level constituents’ capacity with respect to their roles and responsibilities in effective dispute resolution. With a complementary focus on the workplace level, the project will include direct outreach to Employer and Business Membership Organisations (EBMOs), trade unions, management, workers and other key stakeholders, such as brands, to assess their needs and enhance their capacities for effective participation in and promotion of dispute prevention and resolution mechanisms.
Through this pilot project, the ILO aims to provide technical support to the ILO’s constituents to develop and implement transformative actions toward strengthened industrial relations in the electronics manufacturing sector in Tamil Nadu.
The project will comprise the following key outcomes:
- Enhance effectiveness of the labour dispute resolution system of the Tamil Nadu Department of Labour and its labour judiciary.
- Improved plant-level industrial relations through the implementation of dialogue and dispute prevention mechanisms.
- Enhanced capacities of employers’ and workers’ organizations to engage in dialogue about various issues, including those related to gender, and to prevent and resolve grievances:
- Establishment of a mechanism for sectoral stakeholders to engage in dialogue.
- Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- Process contracts for financial clearance and payment. Ensure the correctness and appropriateness of types of contracts used with each activity, and ensure all necessary supporting documents are attached.
- Prepare correspondence on own initiative to verify data, address and answer queries and follow-up as necessary with project and ILO staff, consultants and counterparts. Draw the attention of the Project Manager and, where necessary the Senior Programme Officer, to matters requiring immediate attention.
- Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check payment vouchers, prices and claims invoices.
- Provide administrative and financial backstopping and guidance for project staff and consultants, with respect to payments, entitlements, travel claims, and other requirements relating to accounts and finance.
- Consult with Finance Unit in Delhi/Bangkok on rules, regulations and procedures, and inform project staff, partners, consultants, interns of new or revised procedures and practices.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for donor reporting, for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Calculate and compile cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required by the project management.
- Provide support, when necessary, in the preparation and running of project workshops and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Completion of secondary school education with formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field
- Five years of progressively responsible financial and administrative work, and some training in an administrative field.
- Excellent knowledge of the working language of the duty station and a good knowledge of English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.