The Missing Link
The Missing Link have been operating in Australia for over 26 years with offices in both Sydney and Melbourne. With over 180+ staff, you will be joining a highly successful team which is set to grow.
Currently 32 strong, The Missing Link SOC Team is set to continue growing as we expand out our UK based team into 2023.
Our core offerings include cyber security, hardware and software, resiliency, cloud, communications, infrastructure, consulting services and managed services.
Our Security division is one of the fastest growing Cyber Security businesses in Australia and is split into three service areas:
- Red Team (Security Consulting & Penetration Testing)
- Solutions Team (Security Architecture & Engineering)
- Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC)
We’re recognised as industry leaders and accredited to the highest levels in the design, delivery, and support of the latest technologies. We partner with market-leading global and local vendors to deliver world-class business outcomes through IT transformation. Today, The Missing Link is one of the most awarded IT companies in Australia.
The Missing Link SOC has been delivering managed services for over 4 years, moving to a fully on-shore 24 x 7 operating model in October 2019. The SOC Team comprises of 3 teams, two technical (Security Analysts & SOC Engineers) and one Service Delivery Team.
A Day In The Life
The Missing Link Security Operations Centre provides 24×7 Managed Detection & Response (MDR) support to our clients across a variety of sectors, namely Tier-1 FSI, Flagships Airlines, Global Retail, Healthcare and NFP.
As a Security Analyst and one of the first members of our UK Team you will be responsible for supporting our APAC Team and the UK Analyst Team Leader. You will support EMEA & APAC day-to-day operations alongside incidents and new client onboardings. You will be supported by our Service Delivery and Leadership teams and will collaborate with our SOC Engineers, Red Team and our clients to develop, test and tune use cases and response playbooks.
The Security Analyst will be the initial triage point and provide support to escalations from our Associate Security Analysts when responding to security incidents and client requests. Supporting the team and our clients through log and malware analysis, OSINT and researching the latest zero-day vulnerabilities. You will be a recognised technical resource across The Missing Link Group and will form part of the GSOC Project Team assisting the business with project tasks such as new technology deployments, Knowledge Base and Runbook development, Research & Development and coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
We believe in investing in and developing our people through a variety of training and education programs. When you first come on board, you’ll be given a structured training and development plan that is tailored to you and your previous experiences. This will include a combination of industry qualifications as well as vendor-specific certifications specific to your role.
- 2+ years of experience working with systems, networking and security technologies, with at least 1 year working as a Security Analyst or equivalent role
- Hands-on security knowledge of Windows/Linux/Unix platforms
- Hands-on experience with one or more SIEM/EDR/VM/XDR systems within enterprise and/or MSSP environments
- In-depth knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- A demonstrated knowledge of Cyber Security controls and technologies, Windows Event Logging and Cloud Service Monitoring (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- You are naturally curious and a self-starter
- You listen to and follow podcasts and bloggers like Darknet Diaries, Recorded Future, @IT_SecGuru or @TheHackerNews. Tell us what r/ threads you’re currently tracking
- You have exposure to Vulnerability Assessments or Penetration Testing professionally or through your own personal research. If you’ve started a CEH or OSCP certification, even better
- You have hands on experience Deploying, Managing and Tuning Market Leading XDR Technologies such as:
- Rapid7 IDR
- MS Sentinel
- Microsoft Defender Suite
- You have expertise and/or experience working within AWS and/or Azure
- You have COMPLETED, not started, certifications such as CompTIA CySA+, CEH, OSCP and DFIR related SANS Courses
- Defence Force experience is desirable
Great company culture is very important to The Missing Link. Keeping everyone happy is one of our top priorities.
Here are some of the best bits about working at The Missing Link:
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Supportive and collaborative environment
- Training / mentoring programs
- Great bonus structure
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.