ROC OPERATOR – OFFSHORE REMOTE OPERATION CENTER (ROC)
GE Renewable Energy
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world’s leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency, and availability.
In the current process of business grow, facing projects with edge technology Offshore Wind Platform (Haliade X) – the ROC team will play an important role in the successful execution of projects. ROC will act as key team for the technical aspects of the commissioning project.
The ROC operator will drive daily operations as remote commissioning, real-time monitoring, remote surveillance tasks, reporting and assure 24/7 remote operation services with high level of performance. ROC operator will report directly to the ROC supervisor
- Remote surveillance and commissioning of wind turbines generators.
- Recognize abnormal system operating conditions and respond timely to field upset conditions and alarms.
- Able to proficiently operate the power assets (commissioning, remote troubleshooting…).
- Escalate and communicate to next level when remote troubleshooting is not effective ensuring to provide any relevant information to aid in additional support.
- Proficiently communicate with internal and external customers via written and/or verbal communication.
- Keep the information of the notifications created updated and organized and monitor the notifications for customer requests during the shift and take the necessary actions.
- Coordination of planned and unplanned intervention from ROC.
- Follow ROC procedures to drive standardized global practices.
- Rotating shifts for constant 24/7 monitoring and evaluation of system conditions.
- Complies with applicable GE standards and procedures.
- Accountable for safe, reliable, and compliant daily operations for all sites.
- Report, log, analyze and maintain accurate records of system conditions and daily operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required knowledge and characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in engineering related degree, or 1-3 years relevant work experience.
- Previous experiences as remote operator is a plus.
- Ability to assess risk and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Attentive, ready, and able to respond to any normal, abnormal, or emergency situations.
- A first offshore wind experience will be appreciated.
- Must be willing to work on a rotation shifts system (24/7/365) including potential on-call support if required.
- Full time in presence work at the GE Barcelona office is required.
- Must be willing to travel, mainly for training purpose.
- Experience demonstrating skill handling multiple tasks simultaneously at various stages of completion.
- Ability to communicate detailed information accurately to internal and external customers.
- Proven experience on reporting, documentation management, NCR management.
- Ability to prepare and follow Tests and documentation check lists, test plans.
- Fluent in English (Spoken & Written).
- Ability to work with multicultural/multidiscipline teams.
- Assist as requested to train new employees.
- Teamwork and communicative.
Desired knowledge and characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through related course work and/or experience is required.
- 3+ years’ experience in control room operation, preferably in a field related to wind power generation.
- A good base of offshore wind turbine generator (a mix of mechanical and electrical experience is desirable).
- Advanced computer skills including experience in SCADA system operations, MS Office.
- Determination in the execution of work, with an ability to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities.
- Ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, results-oriented and operate well in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities, as well as be accepting of change management.
- Analytical abilities to collect, evaluate numerical data and complete both internal and external reporting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mark VIe experience will be a plus.
- Ability to work within structured work methods.
- Positive mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.