RN Coordinator – Urology – Full Time 8 Hour Days (Non-Exempt) (Non-Union)
University of Southern California (USC)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: REQ20139566
The Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills who will actively assist the Director and/or Manager in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the unit. The Coordinator takes a leading role in activities such as nursing performance improvement, job performance evaluations, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors in the orientation and training of new employees
The Coordinator is a Registered Nurse with recognized leadership abilities and sound clinical skills who will actively assist the Director and/or Manager in coordinating the care of patients within specific and assigned Urology Division(s). The Coordinator takes a leading role the triage and coordination of care for patients within their respective Divisions to include close communication and interactions with providers, and in activities such as nursing performance improvement, staffing, scheduling and working with the directors in the orientation and training of new employees within their respective urology Division(s).
- Displays leadership abilities and sound clinical skills.
- Promotes professional growth and retention of self and unit personnel within respective Urology Division(s).
- Adheres to governing regulations such as hospital policies, Title 22 and JCAHO.
- Utilizes the six core steps for decision making.
- Takes a leadership role within respective Urology Division(s) activities such as Nursing Performance Improvement, staffing, schedules, orientation of staff, etc.
- Is a positive change agent.
- Is a patient advocate.
- Is a staff advocate.
- Coordinates with Nurse manager the provision of services through appropriate levels of qualified, competent staff for respective Urology Division(s).
- Utilizes policies and procedures to support the RNâs scope of practice.
- Establishes and maintains performance improvement and quality control activities to support the department, as well as, the hospital.
- Keck Portal messages are managed and triaged within 24 hours, on business days.
- Phone messages are managed and triaged within 24 hours, on business days.
- Medication refills are managed and triaged, in collaboration with clinical coordinators, within 24 hours, on business days.
- All clinical authorizations are managed and triaged, in collaboration with authorization coordinators, within 24 hours, on business days.
- Manages and coordinates the hospital admission of patients, as per provider request.
- Manages and coordinates the urgent clinical care of patients during clinic visit, as per provider or clinical staff request, with assessment for Evaluation and Treatment Center admission, if needed.
- Provides orientation, training and continuing education for new staff for respective Urology Division(s).
- Competent in utilizing Cerner Millenium to place physician orders.
- Competent in performing all staff duties in clinical area.
- Coordinates and integrates department services on an intradepartmental, interdepartmental, as well as, hospital wide level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Req Bachelor’s degree Degree in Nursing
- Req Organization/time management skills.
- Req Demonstrate excellent customer service behavior.
- Pref 1 year Relief charge experience.
- Pref 1 year Experience in a supervisory role.
- Req Registered Nurse – RN (CA DCA)
- Req Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association
- Req Fire Life Safety Training (LA City) If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire and maintained by renewal before expiration date. (Required within LA City only)
The hourly rate range for this position is $53.00 – $87.45. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidateâs work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About University of Southern California (USC)
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations.
As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family—the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work—you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.
Connections working at University of Southern California (USC)
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.