University of Arkansas
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Clinical Staff – Nursing
Temporary (Fixed Term)
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only ):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University does not discriminate in its education programs or activities (including in admission and employment) on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity). Federal law prohibits the University from discriminating on these bases. Questions or concerns about the application of Title IX, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, may be sent to the University’s Title IX Coordinator and to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment.
All application information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] .
ICE NRSL PRN Pool IP C
Summary of Job Duties:
Schedule: PRN, As Needed Basis
Shifts Vary, Equivalent of 24 hours on a regularly scheduled basis (monthly).
The 24 hours is typically 2-12 hours or 3-8 hour shifts, but the shifts could change based on the need of the unit/clinic.
The Registered Nurse will require the ability to coordinate care for patients, triage patients, and work collaboratively with clinic providers, fellows, and staff. Requires the ability to effectively work with patient referral sources, facilitate appointments, coordinate transitions of care, and provide patient education on complex conditions. The RN I will work with the individual patient, their families, and providers of care to develop and implement individual health plans within the ICU’s, Medical/Surgical and Oncology units.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with Associates Degree, Nursing Diploma, Bachelors in Nursing, or Master’s in Nursing.
- Valid RN License.
- Nursing Experience
- One (1) year patient care experience similar to or related to the position applied for
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong work ethics and accountability.
- Specialty areas, i.e.., Intensive Care, F4 Surgical Trauma are required to pass a pre-screening testing with a minimum score of 80%
- Chemotherapy certification may be required to work Oncology units
- Work one major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Christmas Eve or New Year ) and one additional holiday, in addition to two weekend shifts.
- PRN staff are only allowed to work 1000 hours in a 12 month rolling year, which begins at orientation and includes any education hours.
- Two (2) or more years of RN experience
- The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care to assigned patients within the Adult ICU’s, Medical/Surgical, and Oncology units.
- The RN will triage, assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care and patient education either by telephone or within the UAMS Clinic.
- Delivers nursing care according to standards as defined by UAMS, American Nurses Association (ANA), AR State Board of Nursing, (ASBN), and those set forth by nursing specialty organizations.
- Helps develop patient’s Plan of Care (POC) per clinic standards utilizing assessment data. Evaluates the progress of patients’ toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Administers medication following clinic standards and Nurse Practice Act.
- Verifies and evaluates care delivered to ensure care is consistent with standards and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates care and/or follow-up for patients who receive care in inpatient and outpatient facilities.
- Coordinates patients’ prescription refill requests and patient education coordination in collaboration with physician staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Employees in this role must be fitted for, capable of donning and performing routine tasks in personal protective equipment to include N95 masks, Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) or Controlled Air Purifying Respirators (CAPR).
PRN staff are not eligible to receive benefits, but may contribute to pre-tax supplemental Retirement.
Transfers Into PRN:
- Must Follow Transfer Requirements Prior To Last Working Day as Posted On Website http://nurses.uams.edu/ .
- Select ‘Employment Info’ Drop Down Tab Prior To Submitting An Application.
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact [email protected] for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
Annual TB Screening, Criminal Background Check, Sex Offender Registry, Substance Abuse Testing
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Feeling, Grasping, Lifting, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Pulling, Pushing, Sharps, Standing, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity:
Crawling, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching, Sitting, Stooping
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.