Research Teaching Specialist V (Process Development Assistant)
Location: New Brunswick, New Jersey
Research – Laboratory/Non-Laboratory
Internal Number: 183521
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Research Teaching Specialist V (Process Development Assistant) in GMP/PD Facility at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey.
Under the direction of the Process Development Manager of the GMP/PD Facility, assists with technical laboratory procedures and analysis in support of the specialized GMP, PD, and research activities of the GMP Facility and Process Development group. As required, participates in GMP manufacturing, equipment monitoring, and response to alarms.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Participates in all processes and procedures required for pre-clinical research, Process Development, and GMP manufacturing for future clinical application according to the FDA regulations as per the assignments of the CMC Coordinator. Strictly follows approved SOPs as applicable.
- Performs professional and scientific research in the areas of tumor immunology and cancer immunotherapy, especially with some knowledge of T cell biology, antigen presentation, T cell receptors and cellular therapy. This research includes, but is not limited to, cell culture, transduction, transfection, retroviruses, lentiviruses, construction of vectors and DNA cloning, flow cytometry, cytolysis assays, cytokine assays, proliferation assays, PCR, analysis of human samples, and murine tumor models.
- Maintains cell cultures and cell line stocks and conducts flow cytometry and molecular biology experiments (DNA and RNA analysis, cloning, gene expression analysis, and protein analysis).
- Participates in the evaluation of existing procedures, suggesting revisions where necessary and proposing new procedures where required.
- Assists with training fellows, students, and lab technicians in laboratory techniques as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining/ordering lab supplies and submitting purchase recommendations to his/her supervisor. Maintains inventory of orders placed and received. Monitors order delivery.
- Ensures that laboratory equipment is maintained in good working order. Assists with the maintenance of the laboratory facilities, equipment, and instruments.
- Performs regular environmental monitoring.
- Keeps all data records as per the approved SOPs.
- Shares responsibility for responding to after-hours emergencies related to cell processing and equipment monitoring.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant science.
City: New Brunswick
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Standing, sitting, walking, talking, and hearing. Participation in GMP manufacturing requires yearly vision check and appropriate correction as prescribed by the health care professional. Lifting up to 25 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Laboratory environment. Moderate noise. Exposure to blood, tissue samples, excrement, antineoplastic drugs, and possible exposure to radioactive materials and infectious and communicable diseases. Universal precautions are mandatory. Exposure to hazardous chemicals. Flexible work schedule may be required.
· Internal gowning certification within three (3) months post recruitment
· Internal certification for sterile technique within four (4) months post recruitment
· Yearly vision check followed by correction prescribed by the professional for clear vision
· Ability to work full time in sterile environment (in clean GMP suites)
· Shared Responsibility for responding to after-hours emergencies in cell processing and equipment monitoring on rotation schedule
· Flexible work schedule may be required
Posting Number: 22ST3523
Create a Job Alert for Similar Jobs
About Rutgers University
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national public research university and the state’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Rutgers is dedicated to teaching that meets the highest standards of excellence; to conducting research that breaks new ground; and to turning knowledge into solutions for local, national, and global communities. As it was at our founding in 1766, the heart of our mission is preparing students to become productive members of society and good citizens of the world. Rutgers teaches across the full educational spectrum: preschool to precollege; undergraduate to graduate and postdoctoral; and continuing education for professional and personal advancement. Rutgers is New Jersey’s land-grant institution and one of the nation’s foremost research universities, and as such, we educate, make discoveries, serve as an engine of economic growth, and generate ideas for improving people’s lives.
Connections working at Rutgers University
More Jobs from This Employer
Return to Search Results
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.