Research Fellow (Deployable Antenna)
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
This project aims to leverage the origami folding technique to create innovative meter-scale deployable structures for aerospace. With a distinct emphasis on curved antennae, the overarching goal is to devise a holistic tool for designing origami folding patterns that not only achieve an impressive deploy-to-stow ratio but also maintain low shape approximation errors.
- Origami Pattern Design: Develop a comprehensive tool to design folding patterns for curved surfaces;
- Prototyping and Testing: Prototype the meter-scale origami patterns and conduct rigorous tests to assess deploy-to-stow ratio, and shape approximation error;
- Research & Documentations: document all research findings, tool development stages, and pattern designs for reference and publication;
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with engineers from Thales in Singapore and other team members in the group.
While we expect the candidate to have earned a Ph.D. degree in either Mechanical/Mechanics Engineering, we also welcome applicants from other engineering or related disciplines.
The candidate with at least one of the following expertise is eligible to apply:
- Origami engineering;
- Structural/topology optimization;
- Proficiency with CAD software, FEM analysis and at least one of the FEM software (e.g., Abaqus, Ansys, Comsol).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good teamwork abilities, self-motivation, and self-reflection.
- Proficiency in the English language, both in oral and written form.
Expertise in antennae is a plus but not a must. Aside from experience in any of the above areas, he/she should have a strong passion for engaging and guiding undergraduate/graduate students.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 22339
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.