Research Engineer, Software / AI (School of Computing)
National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Engineer in the Department of Information Systems & Analytics, School of Computing (SoC). SoC is strongly committed to research excellence in all its dimensions: Searching for fundamental results and insights, developing novel computational solutions to a wide range of applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the well-being of society. We seek to play an active role both internationally and locally in the core and emerging areas of Computer Science and Information Systems.
The Research Engineer will be responsible for working closely with the Principal Investigator (A/Prof Suranga Nanayakkara) on developing tools to reduce motion sickness in VR environments. This includes 1) developing a sickness dataset to analyze and predict the likelihood of simulator sickness after virtual reality use; and 2) utilize the dataset to develop a Human-Centred explainable AI system to assist VR content developers to manage motion sickness likelihood. In addition, the Research Engineer will contribute to the other research activities at the Augmented Human Lab in the broader field of Human Computer Interaction (HCI) which includes prototyping, developing and testing both full-stack and embedded software for novel human computer interfaces.
The potential candidate should possess experience or interest in following areas:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or equivalent) with AI experience
- Experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in Software development including:
- Experience in Python development
- Experience with Cloud, Backend Programming
- Experience with Unity
- Experience in software development for embedded systems interfaces
- Experience conducting user studies in the context of Human Computer Interaction
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
How to Apply: Email CV and a short statement of interest to A/Prof Suranga Nanayakkara [email protected]
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Department of Information Systems And Analytics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 22503
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.