Remote Kitchen Helper/Housekeeper – Alyeska Pipeline
NANA Regional Corporation
Req ID: ALY00453
The Remote Kitchen Helper/Housekeeper position is responsible for maintaining sanitation standards, performing a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a commercial kitchen, storeroom, dining, and service area in remote camp locations. This position provides a wide variety of cleaning services and other related duties to keep remote camp and industrial facilities, office facilities, living areas and similar areas in a clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists cooks and others as needed and coordinates activities within a food service area
- Prepare food and cook vegetables, entrees, coffee, sauces, meats, etc.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- Stocks various food service areas with various products and materials.
- Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned storage areas in an organized and orderly manner.
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, etc. all general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases), spike rooms, and equipment as well as all floors.
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, mops and restocks hallways, stairways, offices, laundry rooms, clinics, living areas, off-site areas, common areas, restrooms and other similar areas.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, extract, wax, buff, vacuums, etc. all types of floors.
- Dusts both high and low areas.
- Uses appropriate equipment and cleaning solutions for all tasks.
- May perform very light facility maintenance.
- Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects and laundry duties.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas.
- Sets up, breaks down, and cleans tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines, etc.
- May occasionally prepare food or cook vegetables, entrees, coffee, sauces, meats, etc.
- May also be combined with other position duties.
- Notify supervisor is safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
- Other related duties may also be assigned as needed.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of work experience in a commercial kitchen or documented vocational training sufficient to demonstrate a knowledge of industrial cleaning equipment, restaurant food preparation, and general commercial cleaning processes.
- At least one (1) year of work experience in commercial housekeeping.
- Must have or obtain an Alaska Food Workers Card and/or ServSafe Certification upon hire.
- Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which may include but are not limited to: drug test, physical and fit for duty assessment and hearing test. Applicants not located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel to the nearest testing facility.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meet cleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
CANDIDATES RESIDING OUTSIDE ANCHORAGE AREA:
Candidates residing in Alaska & the Lower 48 for any contract : For the purposes of pre-employment testing, Anchorage will be considered the point of hire (with the exception of drug testing, which will be conducted near the candidate’s place of residence). Employee is responsible for any travel expenses and needed accommodations related to pre−employment tasks that need to be completed in Anchorage, AK. This includes, but is not limited to, any safety training requirements, required pre−employment testing and/or training such as physical, DOT physical/medical card, fit for duty, audiogram, and/or other testing required by contract/company (NSTC, APICC training, security licensing requirements, etc.).
Candidates residing in Alaska for Alyeska Contract: pre-employment testing will be scheduled near the candidate’s area of residence within the state. The only exception is when the candidate lives in a region without the necessary service providers to complete all requirements.
Flights to Remote Locations : All employees are responsible for all expenses related to reporting to point of hire (Anchorage, AK) for scheduled trips paid for by the company for remote locations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This is an industrial kitchen setting located in a remote camp.
Must constantly be able to stand, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch.
Travel: Must be able to travel by plane and/or bus to remote camps.
Physical requirements: Fit For Duty Test
- Lift: Lift 50 lbs. from floor to knuckle x 2
- Lift: Lift 50 lbs. from floor to waist x 2
- Lift: Lift 50 lbs. from floor to shoulders x 2
- Lift: Lift 30 lbs. from floor to crown x 2
- Carry: Carry 20 lbs. with two hands for a minimum distance of 20 feet
- Push: Push horizontally with a peak force of 50 f-lbs. with two hands.
- Stoop & Twist: Perform alternate cross over toe touches x 5 each side, self-paced, continuous.
- Squat Test: Functionally squat x 5, self-paced but continuous.
- Kneel: Kneel on one knee and stand. Return to kneel on opposite knee. Repeat alternate kneeling sequence x 5 for each knee, self-paced but continuous.
- Stairs: Climb up and down 10 steps x 4 for a total of 40 steps, self-paced but continuous
- Stairs & Carry: Climb up and down 10 steps x 2 for a total of 20 steps while carrying 30 lbs. in one hand and using the other hand to grasp a railing for safety, self-paced.
- Allow a 30 second rest period after climbing up and down 10 steps while carrying.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Organization: Camp Services
Primary Location: US-AK-Pipeline
Other Locations: US-AK-Fairbanks, US-AK-Anchorage, US-AK-Kenai, US-Alaska
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.