Remote Housekeeper – Alpine
NANA Regional Corporation
Req ID: CAM00605
The remote housekeeper position provides a wide variety of cleaning services and other related duties required to keep remote camp and industrial facilities, food service areas, office facilities and similar areas in a clean and orderly condition. All duties are to be performed in accordance with NMS’ mission, vision, and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleans, sweeps, vacuums, mops, or restocks hallways, stairways, offices, food preparation or break areas, kitchen areas or equipment, laundry rooms, clinics, living areas, work areas, off-site areas, common areas, restrooms, public areas, or other similar areas.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, strips, extract, waxes, buff, vacuums, etc. all types of floors.
- Dusts both low and high areas.
- Wipes down or cleans various surfaces.
- Uses appropriate equipment and cleaning solutions for all tasks.
- Removes and properly disposes of discarded materials.
- May compact trash.
- Removes and transports trash to the appropriate disposal areas.
- May change light bulbs and perform very light facility maintenance.
- May keep building entryways free of snow and debris.
- May operate a vehicle to work at remote locations.
- May periodically perform a variety of special duties such as certain types of laundry duties or periodically scheduled cleaning tasks.
- May also be designated as a night or day janitor to indicate somewhat varying duties or assignments related to this type of work.
- Notify supervisor if safety and sanitation standards are not being met.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one (1) year experience that evidences a working knowledge of commercial cleaning equipment and industrial cleaning processes.
- At least one (1) year experience in commercial housekeeping.
- Must pass all pre-employment contract requirements which may include but are not limited to: drug test, physical and fit for duty assessment and hearing test. Applicants not located near a testing facility are responsible for paying for travel to the nearest testing facility.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Must be able to live in dormitory style settings and meet cleanliness requirements of the remote camp.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
CANDIDATES RESIDING OUTSIDE ANCHORAGE AREA:
Candidates residing in Alaska & the Lower 48 for any contract : For the purposes of pre-employment testing, Anchorage will be considered the point of hire (with the exception of drug testing, which will be conducted near the candidate’s place of residence). Employee is responsible for any travel expenses and needed accommodations related to pre−employment tasks that need to be completed in Anchorage, AK. This includes, but is not limited to, any safety training requirements, required pre−employment testing and/or training such as physical, DOT physical/medical card, fit for duty, audiogram, and/or other testing required by contract/company (NSTC, APICC training, security licensing requirements, etc.).
Candidates residing in Alaska for Alyeska Contract: pre-employment testing will be scheduled near the candidate’s area of residence within the state. The only exception is when the candidate lives in a region without the necessary service providers to complete all requirements.
Flights to Remote Locations : All employees are responsible for all expenses related to reporting to point of hire (Anchorage, AK) for scheduled trips paid for by the company for remote locations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to arctic conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to Loud
Description of environment: This is a remote camp setting. Employees must constantly be able to stand, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employees are occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Travel: Must be able to travel by plane and/or bus to remote camps.
Physical requirements: Fit For Duty Test
- Lift: Lift 35 lbs. from floor to knuckle x2
- Lift: Lift 35 lbs. from floor to waist x 2
- Lift: Lift 8 lbs. from floor to shoulders x 2
- Lift: Lift 8 lbs. from floor to crown level x 2
- Carry: Carry 25 lbs. with two hands for a minimum distance of 50 feet
- Stoop & Twist: Perform alternate cross over toe touches x 5 each side, self-paced but continuous.
- Squat Test: Functionally squat x 5, self-paced but continuous.
- Kneel: Kneel on one knee and stand. Return to kneel on opposite knee. Repeat alternate kneeling sequence x 5 for each knee, self-pace but continuous.
- Stairs: Climb up and down 10 steps x 5 for a total of 50 steps,
- Allow 30 second rest after climbing up and down each set of 25 steps, self-paced.
- Stairs & Carry: Climb up and down 10 steps x 5 for a total of 50 steps while carrying 25 lbs. in one hand and using the other hand to grasp a railing for safety, self-paced.
- Allow a 30 second rest period after climbing up and down 25 steps while carrying.
- Slanted Ladder: Climb a slanted ladder with 2 rungs x 2 repetitions for a total of 4 rungs, self-paced but continuous.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Organization: Camp Services
Primary Location: US-AK-North Slope/Prudhoe Bay
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.