Remote Automation Support Specialist (RASS)
JOB TITLE: Remote Automation Support Specialist (RASS)
DEPARTMENT: Service Delivery
REPORTING TO: Remote Automation Support Manager
LOCATION: Egypt or Morocco
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Supporting the current and upcoming Automation projects in the region and achieve SLA targets.
- Responsible for the first level support of customers and distributors in the region by responding to their requests and resolving their issues in a timely manner.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via logged tickets, emails, or phone.
- Research customers inquiries and questions using available information resources and advise customers on best practice and actions.
- Follow standard help desk process and procedures.
- Log all help desk calls in the helpdesk tool, properly classify them and keep them updated at all times.
- Diagnose remotely and provide basic troubleshooting of the issue reported.
- Collect the needed data from the customer to troubleshoot the issue.
- Properly escalate on time unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct teams and resources.
- Manage support through 3rd parties.
- Provide updates to the customers on the progress and results of the troubleshooting.
- Follow up with internal stakeholders and customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Participate in Problem Management to help detecting recurrent and major incidents, contribute to the problem analysis and resolution and documentation.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation, resolution and closure of all issues.
- Develop and grow knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
- Monitor and report on all related help desk KPI’s to meet and exceed the target from initial response, remote fix rate, first time fix, resolution time and SLA targets.
- Responsible for software updates and patch deployment for target customers.
- Follow and maintain the warranty process for hardware replacement.
- Maintain spares stock and follow the right replenishment process to ensure parts availability in stock and avoid impact on SLA.
DELEGATION OF AUTHORITY
As per Board-approved DOA and as necessary for functions outside the DOA.
As delegated by the Managing Director, when necessary.
- Service Delivery, Technical Support, Customer Service, Project Management, Product Support and Factories Automation customers and distributors in the region.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (INDICATORS)
- Backlog – RFR – FTF
- SLA – Customer Satisfaction
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in Software / Hardware Help Desk support environments
- Follow support process in multiple production environments and architecture platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage customers and deliver services to the SLAs.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and drive 3rd parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, Arabic and French.
- Remote Diagnosis and problem troubleshooting.
- Incident Management.
- Problem Management.
- Software and Hardware knowledge.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS
- Gains insight into customer needs.
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer.
- Builds and delivers solution that meet customer expectation.
- Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
- Represents own interest while being fair to others and their areas.
- Partners with others to get work done.
- Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments.
- Gains trust and support of others.
- Seeks to understand different perspectives and cultures.
- Contributes to a work climate where differences are valued and supported.
- Applies others’ diverse experiences, styles, backgrounds, and perspectives to get results.
- Is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways or communicating.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures.
- Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Designs feedback loops into work.
- Identifies and creates the processes necessary to get work done.
- Separates and combines activities into efficient workflow.
- Seeks ways to improve processes, from small tweaks to complete reengineering.
- Is a simplifier, focused on cutting through complexity.
- Prioritizes to the critical few – focuses on what matters most.
- Reflects on activities and impact on others.
- Proactively seeks feedback about shortcomings.
- Admits mistakes and gains insight from experiences.
- Knows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits.
- Comes up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique.
- Introduces new ways of looking at problems.
- Can take a creative idea and put it into practice.
- Encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Anticipates and adopts innovative digital and technology applications.
- Learns quickly when facing new situations.
- Experiments to find new solutions.
- Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks.
- Extracts lessons learned from failure and mistakes.
- Bounces back from setbacks and failure.
Gilbarco Veeder-Root represents the leading brands of solutions and technologies that provide convenience, control, and environmental integrity for retail fueling and adjacent markets. In 2002, the Gilbarco and Veeder-Root companies combined into one marketing brand, with distinctive and complementary business lines, services, and sales capabilities. Veeder-Root is the world’s leading supplier of automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems and one of the few companies in the industry to design, manufacture and service its own products; supplying and integrating the broadest range of new and proven technologies to reduce cost of ownership, enhance environmental integrity, and improve performance and profitability for petroleum marketers and commercial fueling enterprises worldwide.
Vontier is a $3B global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility. Our five operating companies—Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Global Traffic Technologies, Teletrac Navman, Matco Tools, and Hennessy Industries—are united by a powerful purpose: mobilizing the future to create a better world. Our portfolio of trusted brands includes market-leading expertise in mobility technologies, retail and commercial fueling, fleet management, telematics, vehicle diagnostics and repair, and smart cities. Vontier’s pioneering solutions advance safety, security, efficiency, and environmental compliance worldwide.
Energized by our shared purpose and values, we have a strong culture shaped by a deep organization-wide commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) and corporate responsibility. Eight vibrant global employee resource groups serve as powerful focal points for connection, community, and advocacy, and we actively support community causes through Vontier Cares. We offer flexible remote and in-person, open-space work options.
The Vontier Business System (VBS), our engine for success and our competitive advantage, powers every aspect of our business performance through a continuous improvement mindset. As we look to the future, we will continue to evolve VBS to prepare our teams for new challenges and opportunities, and to stay on the forefront of changing technologies through fast iteration and focused experimentation. To learn more about us visit: www.vontier.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.