Regional Chief of Partnerships
October 16, 2023
- Panama City, Panama
United Nations Children's Fund
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
- Provide leadership and oversight of private sector fundraising and engagement activities in the LAC region.
- Advise the Regional Director on all private sector related strategies and initiatives.
- Manage the PFP Regional Support Centre and team and strategic support and engagement with the country offices.
- Manage the PFP LAC budget .
- Ensure effective support to Country Offices strategies and initiatives.
- Represent LAC perspective in Global PFP discussions and represent PFP perspective in Regional processes.
- Support and advise Representatives and PFP Managers private sector fundraising and engagement
- Ensure marketing and fundraising programme implementation is in concurrence with the PFP work plan and/or UNICEF/PFP policy guidelines and financial rules and regulations.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree or equivalent background in Business Administration, Management, Communication, or other related fields. Training in marketing, sales, product development, fund raising, or brand based non-profit business experience.
- A first university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- A minimum of ten years of proven track record of private sector fundraising for social sector programmes at the national and international level, corporate engagement, and management of partnerships.
- Experience working in the private sector is an asset.
- Experience managing financial resources and leading teams.
- Ability to translate policy and guidance into effective strategies.
- Experience of developing new approaches and methodologies for designing, appraising, monitoring and evaluation of private sector fundraising and engagement.
- Experience coaching and mentoring teams to enhance staff skills and competencies.
- The ability to empower others to translate vision into results.
- Capacity to anticipate and resolve conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions
- Demonstrated ability and experience advising and influencing senior management, providing insights that lead to key decision making within the organization.
- Proven ability to develop effective long-term strategic plans, with appropriate allocation of time and resources, and foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
- Proven ability to implement clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identify priority activities, adjust priorities as needed to meet organizational goals.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and seize new private sector and fundraising opportunities, formulating new strategies and models.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected challenges and proposing countermeasures accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and encourage innovative ideas, foster a culture of innovation within the team. Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Diplomatic negotiation, influencing and networking skills to establish and maintain trusted partnerships and to develop close and effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Fluency in English and Spanish. Portuguese and other U.N. languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian) is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.