PSG Finance Manager
University of Surrey
View All Vacancies
£45,585 to £66,857
Post Type: Full Time
23.59 hours GMT on Monday 20 November 2023
An exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager at the University of Surrey, within the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
This role plays a significant part in providing University wide management accounting information including accurate forecasting and budgeting, as well as taking on a leadership role, heading up the Professional Services Accounting function with 6 Direct reports.
We value, empower and support every member of staff to get the best out of your unique talents, so you’ll be rewarded with a generous salary, 32 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays, generous employer pension contribution, work from home opportunities and a unique and vibrant working environment on-campus.
Role & Responsibilities
Here at the University you will be providing Professional Leadership on all financial and related issues within the assigned business area. You’ll contribute to and influence the development of the strategy for your area in line with the wider University strategy, recognising that this will directly impact the University’s financial sustainability.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Accountability for the preparation and analysis of the monthly management accounts, forecast and 5 year Income and Expenditure and Capital budget/plan for your business areas.
- Providing business finance support to budget holders, owning the numbers and having an understanding of the drivers of the variances, presenting at the Finance internal review meeting.
- Creating, reviewing and challenging small and medium scale business cases, options appraisals and external returns including capital expenditure.
- Providing support to the Academic and Operations Finance Partners for larger scale, more strategic opportunities.
- Monitoring and reporting on live capital projects feeding into University processes, providing business finance support to project managers.
- Be an active member of the Finance Department and senior management teams for your assigned areas, representing Finance in the development of strategy.
- Assisting in design and implementation of all internal financial reports pertaining to your business area, ensuring accuracy and robustness of all information.
What’s in it for you?
We think Surrey is an amazing place to work, and we are carefully crafting a dynamic, flexible, and fun place to work and thrive.
Our campus is a beautiful, leafy environment with carefully designed gardens, vibrant green playing fields, and a picturesque lake. With the buzz of student life and superb working facilities, the University of Surrey is a global community of ideas and people, dedicated to life-changing education and research in an inspiring, innovative and diverse environment.
Alongside our gorgeous campus setting, collegiate on-site atmosphere and plentiful development opportunities, we also offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Incremental Pay Rise
- Market leading Pension
- Up to 40 DAYS Holiday: 25 Days annual leave + 7 University Days + Bank Holidays
- Travel & Family benefits including subsidised rail fare, cycle to work scheme and on-site childcare
- Student discount eligibility
- Access to on site world-class leisure facilities at discounted rates
- On-site parking, cafes, restaurants and coffee shops
For more information or to be considered for the role, please apply via the University Website.
The University of Surrey is committed to providing an inclusive environment that offers equal opportunities for all. We place great value on diversity and are seeking to increase the diversity within our community. Therefore, we particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups, such as people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and people with disabilities.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.