Project Technical Assistant Improving Rural Livelihood Through Resilient Agrifoods Systems
November 11, 2023
- Kingston, Jamaica
Food and Agriculture Organization
The Project Technical Assistant will report directly to the Project Manager, with general oversight from the FAO Country Representative for Jamaica, Belize, and Bahamas.
The Project Technical Assistant will also work closely with other members of the Project Management team and FAO personnel to support the proper implementation of the project.
The incumbent is responsible to conduct of research and data collection to update the baseline to be used in defining the parameters of the project to facilitate, training program development and research related project monitoring and evaluation , this includes:
Tasks and responsibilities:
The Project Technical Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
Conduct research and data collection to define stakeholders and deliverable requirements, and to update baseline and indicators to be used in defining the parameters of the project to facilitate monitoring and evaluation, this include:
- Supporting the project management team in completing the characterization of beneficiaries and areas of intervention, and assessment of needs and gaps in terms of agricultural infrastructures to be prioritized and knowledge requirement
- Supporting the project manager to develop selection parameters for beneficiaries and project solutions.
- Supporting with the preparation of TORs and draft specifications for the procurement of contractors/service providers to support the design and establishment of agricultural infrastructures in the project
- Supporting the project management team in developing and updating the stakeholder register with influence, communication methods, and frequency
Provide technical guidance and coordination support for several activities of the project, including:
- Coordinate training component for technical and resource capacity building of stakeholders in areas such as Farming as a Business, Good Agricultural Practices, climate resilient agriculture, Social Strategies for improved inclusive Agriculture, Supply Chain, and traceability development
- Coordinate the completion of project training manuals and videos in collaboration with the communication consultant and the project specialists
- Provide coordination and technical support for project consultants providing project solutions such as Climate resilient practices, Post-harvest techniques, value chain development, and Rural Business Incubation
- Develop training of trainers program, targeting extension officers of RADA and farmers leaders
- Develop and implement training programs for young farmers and/or potential young farmers
- In collaboration with the project manager, ensure that project activities across components are implemented in a manner that is sensitive to the needs and concerns of local communities and stakeholders.
- Support the project manager in his/her interaction and engagement with key implementing partners and develop productive working relationships to facilitate project sustainability, ownership, and eventual escalation.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned or that is relevant in supporting the efficient implementation of the project.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- Degree in agricultural extension, rural development, or related areas.
- Knowledge of and experience (5 years) in the development and implementation of rural livelihood projects and programs through resilient Agrifood Systems
- Demonstrate experience and ability (3 years) to coordinate and work with multi-stakeholders including youth, extension officers, and community leaders.
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Jamaica
- Demonstrate ability (3 years) to develop training trainer programs associated with the agricultural sector, targeting young people.
- Good documentation and report-writing skills in English
- Extent of knowledge and experience in training of trainer programs associated with the agricultural sector, working with youth and women
- Experience in research and project document writing
- Experience in facilitating multi-stakeholder consultations with various target audiences.
- Previous experience working with extension officers in Jamaica and the Kitson area is a plus
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.