Project Officer – Health Precincts
University of New South Wales
Apply now Job no:520314
Work type:full time
Project Officer – Health Precincts
- Employment Type: Full-time (35 hour week)
- Duration: Fixed term until 30 Jan 2025 (parental leave cover)
- Remuneration: $106,351 – $115,103 + 17% Super and leave loading
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
As a Project Officer, you will be responsible for providing effective and efficient project support for all UNSW Health Precincts under the leadership of the UNSW Medicine & Health’s Director of Strategy & Precincts. You will deliver high level administrative support to a broad range of project management and support activities, in collaboration with management, stakeholder and peers, to support diverse Health Precinct activity across the University.
This role will principally focus on the Randwick Health & Innovation Precinct, supporting a significant program of work underway for the proposed UNSW Health Translation Hub. This will include contributing to diverse planning and user engagement activities underway for this project. You may be expected to assist with other UNSW Health Precincts (particularly in South Western and South East Sydney) from time to time, as well as support the Director of Strategy & Precincts with implementation of the Faculty of Medicine & Health’s Health 25 Strategy, specifically the Precincts and Partnerships pillar.
Who You Are:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience.
- A performance-oriented approach with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven record of effective communication and negotiation with a diversity of stakeholders across all levels.
- Strong project management, time management and organisational skills, including a proven ability to interpret circumstances, establish priorities, meet competing deadlines and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated initiative, well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide reporting and advice and proven experience in applying, interpreting, and advising policies and procedures and identifying and implementing business development activities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in translating and proofreading key project documentation including contract research/consulting/collaboration agreements, contributing to the development of content for communication materials and providing fundamental interpreting services as required.
- Demonstrated experience working on confidential and sensitive matters, with a proven ability to apply knowledge and experience to resolve complex administrative/operational matters, with high level of discretion and accountability.
- Demonstrated strong computing capabilities, including high competency level with Microsoft Office applications and preferred experience with database management Systems and web maintenance/intranet software.
Benefits and Culture:
UNSW offer a competitive salary and access to a plethora of UNSW-perks including:
- 17% Superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working
- Additional 3 days of leave over the Christmas Period
- Access to lifelong learning and career development
- Progressive HR practices
More information on the great staff benefits and culture can be found here.
How to Apply:
Make each day matter with a meaningful career at UNSW. Submit your application online before the 2nd November at 11:55pm. Your application should include a document addressing the Selection Criteria (skills and experience on the position description). A copy of the Position Description can be found on JOBS@UNSW.
Get in Touch (for job related queries only – applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed):
Jamie Cutler: Talent Acquisition Consultant
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:12 Oct 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:02 Nov 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.