Programme Officer Green Investment
November 11, 2023
- Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
Global Green Growth Institute
The Programme Officer oversees and lead the strategy for Côte d’Ivoire’s access to climate finance by supporting the process of accreditation of national entities to the Green Climate Fund, the implementation of the national climate finance strategy and the development of a pipeline of bankable projects in line with GGGI corporate policies, standards and protocols.
Reporting to the Country Representative, the Programme officer will play an important role in the monitoring of the process and support the implementation of the Cote d’Ivoire programme as well as the mobilization of climate finance comply with the policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, and regulations of GGGI.
- Develop BNI Climate Finance Work Programme and work closely with the Cote d’Ivoire NDA to support BNI towards its GCF accreditation process.
- Support the development of the National Green Building and Infrastructure Financing Vehicle (NGBIFV)’s strategic goals and objectives in consultation with key country stakeholders. The development of the NGBIFV involves the design, the structure, the capitalization of the financing vehicle as well as the mobilization of stakeholders including the private sector.
- Identify potential source of resources mobilization and build a green investments project database to mobilize potential investors. These et of activities will involve green investments capacity building for the local private sector including financial institutions such as commercial banks and insurance.
- Work closely with the GGGI team to support green investment mobilization for Cote d’Ivoire.
- Support stakeholders engagement and build strong relationships with partner governments and other key stakeholders to understand their green investment needs and challenges. The Programme Officer will work to reinforce partners’ capacity building while managing their expectations.
- Builds support and effectively manage the relationships with national counterparts on green investment and climate finance issues in development planning;
- Advise GGGI on opportunities for engagement in the national context, demonstrating an effective adaptation of the GGGI approach towards green investments.
- Apply sufficient technical skills to acquire relevant information / knowledge from a variety of often difficult to access sources, in support of the delivery of a good quality output;
- Anticipate donor requirement and project requirements and ensure alignment of services to meet those needs.
- Identify and anticipate issues impacting consistent service delivery and recommend remedial solutions for effective project management;
- Understand the cycle of climate finance mechanisms and windows and organize the work to ensure that deliverables are provided in a timely manner to support subsequent work;
- Evaluate delivery issues and work with national counterparts to establish common understanding and coordination on project activities to ensure achievement of objectives against established timelines.
- Carry out data collection and analysis to build and maintain a country specific knowledge base on green investments and climate finance.
- Develop reports on the results of program activities in green investments and climate finance and facilitate internal and external communications.
- Capture lessons learned in resource mobilization to support refinement / improvement of existing policies and procedures.
- Organize program activities including policy consultation and validation meetings and workshops, capacity building programs based on annual / biannual work programs and budget plans.
- Understand bankable project methodologies and provide a wide range of inputs to support the delivery of components/ workflows in the country program in resource mobilization.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, political science, international relations, development, or other areas related to green growth.
- Preferably 7 years of relevant experience in developing countries with good knowledge of one or more regions where GGGI is active (e.g. leading projects).Experience in writing proposal for climate finance /resources mobilization, especially for the GCF.
- Excellent investment and financial skills
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and French both spoken and written.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation, and reporting will be an asset.
- Experience in supporting governments in Africa on climate finance issues will be an asset.
- Experience in stakeholders’ consultations including coordinating successful functions and capacity building workshops.
- Experience in producing high-quality documentation and designing presentation material is a must.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.