Programme and Operations Analyst
October 16, 2023
- Panama City, Panama
United Nations Development Programme
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, the Programme and Operations Analyst provides oversight support to the Regional Office (RO), Multi Country Office (MCO) and Country Offices (CO) operations, this includes, budget management, efficient procurement and logistical services, security management, information and communications technology (ICT) and common services consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Operations Analyst additionally supports the Regional Operations Manager on matters of organizational integrity with the aim of ensuring: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) and enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
The Programme and Operations Analyst supports the Regional Operations Manager in leading and guiding the Operations Team at the Regional Office and the LAC region and fosters collaboration within the team, with programme staff and with other UN Agencies and a client-oriented approach. The Programme and Operations Analyst works in close collaboration with programme teams in the LAC region, providing close guidance to programme staff who perform adjunct operations functions, ensuring that such staff are knowledgeable of rules and procedures governing programme finances, donor reporting, and administration. She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide technical support to the implementation and management of programmes in the ACRO:
- Provide support in the revision of annual workplan and budget as required;
- Provide support in the coordination and monitoring of the implementation of programme activities;
- Assist the coordination of call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of partners;
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners:
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of programme activities with partners;
- Identify opportunities for capacity building when require or indicated in the risk-based capacity assesment of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/ programming
- Identify and prepare training for staff and project personnel on administrative, budget, financial, procurement, security and HR policies and systems;
- Provide technical advice to the country offices in such areas as business process re-engineering, implementation strategies/approaches, operational practices, etc.
- Support the management of the organization of training for the programme and operations staff on UN Women programming policy, guidelines, rules and procedures.
- Provide technical and implementation support with partners agreement management, ensuring compliance of guidelines and policies regarding to programme partner selection process.
- Provide effective support to implementation of operational strategies and programme planning focusing on delivery in the Regional Office (RO) in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
Support to drafting of the RO annual workplan and monitor its implementation:
- Promote quality assurance for management of operations and programme to ensure smooth workflow and processes for results based management;
- Analyze and align programme budgets with logical framework matrices and work plans
- Participate in review meetings and provide technical support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Support to mapping of business processes and the establishment of internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the programme management/BRM and input into the Operations SOP’s;
- Contribute to operationalization of Strategic Note and Annual Workplan in collaboration with the main partners and other UN Agencies.
- Manage and oversee the pipeline of projects in line with the SN/AWP and emerging office priorities and financial targets. Coordinate the preparation of and regular update of the pipeline projects in close contacts with the CO programme teams for the entire region.
- Support the work of the Programme Appraisal Committee as Secretary.
- Provide support to the planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of budgets in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
- Support proper planning and expenditure tracking of financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations for RO, MCO and COs in the region;
- Maintain the budgets monitoring system, control of budgetary status versus authorized spending limits and budgets delivery levels;
- Provide monthly reports on programme expenditures, budget performance and delivery targets set by the RO team;
- Coordinate preparation of the QBR report;
- Exercise proper controls and monitoring of budgets of management projects in the RO in coordination with the Regional Operations Manager;
- Ensure proper controls of allocation vs budget for IB and Core budgets across the region.;
- Coordinate with the Regional Operations Manager when deviations may be necessary;
- Review audit findings and implement suggested corrective actions;
Serve as the alternate operational focal point for security and safety issues:
- Brief supervisor and staff on security matters and disseminate relevant information as advised by the UN Women Regional Security Specialist (RSS) and UNDSS Country Security Advisor;
- Support efforts in ensuring compliance with the UN Security Management System (UNSMS) Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM) and Residential Security Measures (RSM) as derived from the in-country Security Risk Management (SRM) process.
- Support efforts in ensuring full compliance with the UN Women Security Mainstreaming Process, including procedures on security & safety of staff, office premises and programmes;
- Support efforts in ensuring full compliance with the UN Women Security & Safety Business Process, to include Security & Safety – Compliance Survey, Action Plan and Enhancement Funding (SSCS, SSCAP, SSCEF)
- In consultation with the UN Women Business Continuity Manager, provide professional recommendations to the Business Continuity and Crisis Management Plans for the Regional Office, including the completion of thew UN Women Business Continuity & Crisis Management Application (BCCMA) as necessary;
Participate in inter-agency activities:
- When requested, serve as back-up of the Regional Operations Manager in inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure UN Women’s interests are reflected in common system activities related to common services and premises, cost recovery and cost sharing arrangements, privileges and immunities, entitlements and salary surveys, security etc.;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies on operational issues, activities, and collaboration.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing between the RO and COs/MCO
- Ensure knowledge is shared and adequately applied between the RO and COs/MCO in the region.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 1 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level, in office management, operations or project management;
- Experience leading a team is an asset;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP systems;
- Work experience in the UN System is an asset;
- Professional background in projects management is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.