Program Manager, International Youth Exchange (TechGirls)
Legacy International’s mission is to build stronger communities by promoting a culture of participation. We do this by working with emerging leaders, youth & non-governmental organizations, equipping them with skills, resources, and strategies to address problems & needs they see around them. We are particularly interested in helping local citizens create increasingly cooperative and productive lives in key regions of the world characterized by tension, conflict, rapid transition, or instability.
Legacy has responded to emerging global needs since 1979 with four initiatives:
• Leadership Development & Organizational Capacity Building
• Community & Regional Development
• Peace Building, Pluralism & Conflict Resolution
• Civil Society Development
Legacy has worked with partners on five continents, with non-profit, government, and civic leaders and with youths from more than 115 nations.
TechGirls is a US Dept of State initiative designed to inspire young women from 38 countries to pursue higher education & careers in technology through hands-on skills development. It is administered by Legacy International in partnership with Virginia Tech’s Center for Enhancement of Engineering Diversity.
The TechGirls Program Manager works with the Director in areas of overall grant management.
The position also entails serving as a “Regional Coordinator” in 1-2 regions of the world working with the US embassies in each country as it relates to youth selection, pre-departure orientation, community project tracking, alumni engagement, and much more.
The Project Manager also serves an “In-Person Program Administrator’ in the summer when the TechGirls are in the US. This requires being in residence at Virginia Tech and traveling with the TechGirls throughout their US program.
Please review full, detailed job description at: https://legacyintl.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/TechGirls-Program-Manager-Position-Description.Oct-2023v2.pdf
● Previous experience managing exchange programs or similar complex projects involving cross-cultural dimensions & stakeholders
● Proven culturally sensitive communications & interpersonal skills (written & verbal)
● Previous experience as a trainer in leadership development, civic education, global issues, or environment education
● Previous experience working with youth, preferably residential such as a travel program or summer camp
● Ability to work effectively as a member of a team including ability to seek/accept guidance and supervision as needed
● Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, keep groups on schedule & make appropriate adjustments as needed
● Ability to establish priorities, respond to unanticipated needs, work under pressure
● Ability to mentor others and facilitate creative & self-motivated learning
● Ability to motivate others to bring forth their talents & skills
● Ability to communicate with the external stakeholders and media as needed
● Receptive to and knowledgeable of delegates’ cultural, spiritual, and personal needs
● Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university. Graduate degree preferred. (May possess equivalent post-secondary school coursework, training, & experience)
● Stamina and ability to work long, active hours during periods of program delivery
● COVID vaccination is required. Medical exemptions considered
● US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Starting at $53,000 (pre-tax). (Negotiable within mid-$50 K range.)
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on jobs-near-me.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.