Postdoctoral Research Associate, Maureen and Mike Mansfield Center
University of Montana
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Center at the University of Montana is pleased to invite applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate during the 2024-2025 academic year. The Center was founded by an Act of Congress in 1983 to carry forward Senator Mike Mansfield’s legacy of integrity and commitment to American democracy.
As part of this work, the Mansfield Postdoctoral Fellow will be expected to undertake independent scholarly research, teach one upper-level undergraduate course in the Political Science Department each semester, and participate in the intellectual life of the Center and the University.
Applicants should have demonstrated excellence in research and teaching with intellectual and scholarly interests that focus on American political institutions, American political thought, or an area directly linked to democracy in America.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action: Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always”; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, ten (10) month Letter of Appointment and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position is $58,000-$62,000 per year commensurate with qualifications.
- Ph.D. in Political Science or a closely related discipline.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for research and teaching related to American political institutions, American political thought, or an area directly linked to democracy in America.
- Demonstrated record of an active research agenda.
- Demonstrated record of or potential for effective teaching.
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, faculty, and external constituencies.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on jobs-near-me.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.