Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering
THE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Mechanical Engineering (14500)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering (Ref.: 523077)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving research activities towards defined goals in a specified timeline
- Ideation for customized product development of sustainable acoustic solutions
- Drafting proposals, reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Liaising with project collaborators and partners
- Performing various laboratory administrative duties
- Supporting various laboratory’s events & activities
- Handling other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s)
- A PhD degree in Physics, Materials Science, Electromagnetism, or related disciplines
- Preferably with research experience in physics-based scientific framework of wave functional materials to break scientific barriers of current RF and acoustic sensing.
- With strong passion in conducting fundamental and applied research toward impactful applications
- Fluent in English in both writing and verbal communications; clear and concise writing skills
- Good time management with a strong sense of responsibility and research ethics
- Mature, self-motivated, confident and able to work under pressure
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 1 to 3 years temporary basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk ) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until Oct 20, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.