Portfolio Office Administrator
University of Oxford
Join the University of Oxford’s IT Services Department as a Portfolio Management Office (PMO) Administrator
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a stimulating work environment with an international reputation as a world-class center of excellence? The University of Oxford is at the forefront of research that tackles global challenges, from reducing carbon emissions to developing vaccines during a pandemic.
Hybrid Working Opportunity: This role offers a flexible hybrid working arrangement, combining the best of both worlds.
Why Choose Us
As an employer, we genuinely care about our employees’ well-being, and this is reflected in the range of benefits we provide:
- Flexible Hybrid Working: Enjoy the flexibility of a work setup that combines office and remote work.
- Excellent Contributory Pension Scheme: Secure your financial future with our support.
- Generous Annual Leave: Embrace work-life balance with 38 days of annual leave.
- Comprehensive Childcare Services: We support your family needs.
- Family Leave Schemes: Prioritizing your work-life balance.
- Cycle Loan Scheme: Promoting eco-friendly transportation.
- Membership to Various Social and Sports Clubs: Be part of vibrant communities.
- Discounted Bus Travel and Season Ticket Travel Loans: Make your commute more affordable.
In addition to these benefits, the University of Oxford hosts a multitude of social groups and sports clubs, offering you more than just a great place to work.
About the Role
- The PMO Administrator is a vital role within the Business Management Office, which is part of the Office of the CIO within IT Services. Our team provides high-quality support and assurance across the IT Services portfolio of projects, programs and services.
- As a key member of the Portfolio Management Office, you will report to the Senior Portfolio Analyst and collaborate closely with colleagues across the Business Management Office, Programmes & Projects Delivery Group, and stakeholders throughout the university.
- This is a varied role that requires initiative, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and effective workload prioritization. You’ll become proficient in the aims of the PMO, the IT Services project methodology, and associated project management tools, with training provided in unfamiliar areas.
- Potential for Career Growth: This role offers opportunities for career development within our team, providing a pathway to further prospects in the future.
- We’re looking for a confident self-starter and a proven administrator with experience in program and project delivery or a background in supporting environments with strong governance-driven processes.
- A positive, proactive, and pragmatic approach to your work is essential, along with the ability to work to deadlines and provide guidance to personnel at all levels of the organization in areas of project processes, toolsets, or best practices.
- We value individuals who are comfortable collaborating in a team or working independently and have a keen eye for detail while actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
To apply, please upload a cover letter/supporting statement, your CV, and the details of two referees as part of your online application.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Wednesday 22 November 2023.
Interviews will be taking place on Tuesday 28 November 2023 and will be conducted face to face.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.