Political and Intergovernmental Affairs Adviser
October 23, 2023
- dakar, Senegal
United Nations Population Fund
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
- Strategic Technical Leadership, Monitoring and Oversight
- Quality Technical Support and Capacity Development on Political and Intergovernmental Processes
- Evidence and Knowledge Management
- Technical Representation, Strategic Partnerships and Strategic Positioning
Qualifications and Experience:
Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations; Political Economy or other relevant fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional experience in development and multilateral affairs, of which 4 years at the international level.
- Experience in implementation of political scanning and analysis of complex socioeconomic and human rights issues is an asset.
- Experience with advocacy within intergovernmental processes and strong negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of the ICPD Programme of Action.
- Experience working with engaging civil society including faith and religious organizations as it relates to ICPD Programme of Action and the SDGs is desirable.
- Knowledge of international development policies and institutions, ICPD Programme of Action, 2030 Agenda and understanding of human rights approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as proven experience in environmental scanning, analysis and reporting.
- Innovative and sound judgment.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required and French is desirable to enable effective communication with English speaking and French speaking country coordination groups and local organisations (West and Central Africa region)
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.