PLVN 23 043_02 National ICT Officer (2 positions)
IOM - International Organization for Migration
The United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates world-wide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to thousands of individuals each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, but not limited to, case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The Department of Operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the Resettlement and Movement Management Division (RMM), has the organizational responsibility to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM’s global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Resources Management Officer based in Ukraine, direct supervision of the ICT Officer based in Poland and technical coordination with the RO Vienna Regional Information Management and Information Technology Officer, the incumbent will provide user and technical support and services to users in IOM Poland and in close coordination with the Global User Support Unit in Manila. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and supervise ITC all activities/tasks related to Information Technology and Communication Unit.
- Manage the mission administration of IOM’ Poland’sapplications in the field missions’ such as MiMOSA, PRISM,.
- Control all ICT resources, secure the implementation of standard IOM ICT policies and guidelines, with regards to network systems, IT security, software licensing, telecoms and ICT procurement, recruitment of ICT staff within the area of responsibility, when required.
- Establish regular liaison with partners, all Programme Managers, Heads of units and relevant departments to support the information technology/management needs.
- Assist the RMO in the administration and project staff for the adequate planning and provision of IT resources for the country office.
- Participate in the design of, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management , including various in house and third party applications across all mission activities to facilitate most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes. As applicable, do not duplicate and integrate with corporate and central systems and reporting mechanisms.
- Supervise installation of systems, network components and software; apply technical solutions to be in line with IOM standards.
- Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops and associated equipment. Perform essential maintenance such as: data integrity, tasks. Install and update hardware and software.
- Systematically ensure in close coordination with Resource Management Officer and and RO Brussels Regional Information Management and Information Technology Officer that the budget planning is incorporated in project and mission budgets including ITC staffing, infrastructure and maintenance needs.
- Regularly monitor, propose and implement all necessary modifications in compliance of the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM ITC policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
- Plan, recommendsand coordinate the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including: virus protection and Internet security.
- In coordination with RO Brussels Regional Information Management and Information Technology Officer, provide Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases.
- Provide IT related assistance and trainings to end users
- Maintain IT inventory and documentation, implement IOM standards, maintain update network diagrams.
- Administer and supervise critical project servers and services according to the project integrity guidelines.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field from an accredited academic institution, or
- Completed Bachelor’ degree from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Specialized formal training on IT systems, business software (Microsoft Office), web-based applications, .NET applications, Mobile Applications, SharePoint, SAP HR and Financials required
- Valid and relevant Microsoft, Cisco, and/or ITIL Certifications an advantage.
- Experience working in different international organizations in emergency response (such as UN agencies, INGOs, IOs), Data Management or Information management, crisis, post conflict and other displacement situations;
- Detailed knowledge of the UN System, NGO humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Medium-sized offices support for LAN infrastructure, Active Directory domain environment and Windows-based servers
- Windows Server and desk support
- Support and troubleshoot computer and network equipment, including Microsoft Office applications, TCP/IP Networking, and Windows operating systems
- Experience writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
- Strong understanding of Active Directory and Group policies
- Ability to work in a team environment; able to initiate and manage group studies to learn more about supporting the current infrastructure;
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end-users knowledge of an issue-tracking system an advantage;
- Knowledge of multi data capturing and analysis tools, including knowledge of database applications (SQL , mapping and GIS Tools and a basic understanding of mapping tools (ArcGIS);
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written).
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Values (All IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these five values)
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 2)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, shares knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies –behavioural indicators (Level 2)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can submit their application:
- By clicking on APPLY on Impactpool, OR
- By sending a CV and a completed Personal History Form (four pages) in English to: [email protected] specifying the vacancy reference number and full name in the subject line (e.g., “PLVN 2023 01 – Jane SMITH”.
Due to the volume of applications received, IOM Poland cannot respond to all inquiries about the application status and will only contact shortlisted candidates.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover (motivaiton) letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.
To apply for this job please visit www.impactpool.org.