Philanthropy Manager Advised Funds – Europe
Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The mission of the Mercy Corps Development Team is to advance our organisation’s strategic goals and support our worldwide team by raising unrestricted and flexible funds and influence. Our team works across the US and Europe with expertise in high net worth giving, corporate partnerships, direct response fundraising, cryptocurrency, development services and much more. We are investing significantly to grow this diverse and skilled team within Europe, making this an exciting time to join us. The Philanthropy Manager – Advised Funds (Europe) will be based within our Philanthropy Team, where we focus on engagement with high-net-worth individuals. We are all united in our passion for Mercy Corps’ mission and believe a better world is possible.
In this new role, the primary focus of the Philanthropy Manager – Advised Funds (Europe) will be to build personal relationships with Wealth Advisors and Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Managers whose clients have the capacity to make gifts of £100k+. The overarching aim is to meet or exceed revenue goals for this area, primarily by soliciting six and seven figure unrestricted or highly flexible individual gifts through these relationships.
The role will work collaboratively with the Strategic Philanthropy Manager (Europe), the Director of Philanthropic Partnerships (Advised Funds) and the Director of Strategy (Global) to launch, develop, and execute the DAF strategy at Mercy Corps within Europe.
They will also collaborate with our program staff, with the dual aim of deepening their own understanding of Mercy Corps’ distinctive approach to humanitarian aid and development and bringing these colleagues together with donors and prospects. The position calls for an ambitious self-starter with a high level of social acumen and the ability to move comfortably within the realm of high-net-worth individuals. The Philanthropy Manager must be adept in articulating a compelling case for mission-focused support with six figure contributions.
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Develop and implement ongoing strategies for Mercy Corps’ growth in private philanthropy amongst wealth advisors and DAF managers in Europe, ensuring a strong ROI and including setting appropriate KPIs to monitor progress and measure success
- Align European DAF strategy with the broader high net worth engagement strategy for Europe and the Global DAF strategy, collaborating with colleagues to maximise impact
- Build Mercy Corps’ European DAF portfolio: identify, cultivate, solicit and deliver significant relationships and partnerships with wealth advisors and DAF managers
- Conduct outreach to wealth advisors outside the Mercy Corps network who may not yet be familiar with our work and raising our profile with this specific audience, including via networking and events opportunities
- Formulate and implement individual strategies for developing key DAF partnerships and initiatives around programmatic priorities, mobilising necessary internal and external resources to ensure all partnerships are effectively executed and partners’ needs are fully met. Includes proposal development work.
- Act as an internal expert on the DAF landscape within Europe, bringing this to bear when developing proposals and ideas with programmatic staff
- Contribute to internal collaboration on breakthrough solutions that can deliver social impact at scale for complex philanthropic relationships which span a variety of mechanisms of giving
- Partner across revenue streams (including corporate partnerships, foundations, and major gifts) to maximise and leverage fundraising opportunities.
- As required, identify, cultivate, solicit and deliver significant relationships and partnerships with high-net-worth individuals directly
- Develop working relationships with program staff in order to identify funding opportunities and access program information that can be used to cultivate and steward wealth advisors.
- Stay abreast of key issues and trends in the international aid and wealth advisor community
- Use our CRM (Raiser’s Edge) to track all DAF activity and revenue and activity projection in line with our data protection and privacy policies
INFLUENCE AND REPRESENTATION
- Effectively represent Mercy Corps to external audiences for both fundraising and profile elevation
- Identify opportunities to represent Mercy Corps on panels and events of interest to wealth advisors, including strategising around Mercy Corps specific-events to engage wealth advisors
- Strategic engagement with senior stakeholders to support donor engagement
Reports To: Strategic Philanthropy Manager (Europe), with dotted line to Director of Strategy (Global)
Works Directly With: Director of Philanthropy Partnerships (Advised Funds – US) , all members of the High Impact Philanthropy team, all members of the Development team in Europe
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Transferable Skills
- Demonstrated experience in high-level major gifts fundraising, including at least three years of direct frontline fundraising (or equivalent experience within wealth advising)
- Deep understanding on how Wealth Advisors, Philanthropic advisors and Donor Advised Funds operate and the ability to navigate that space in new and innovative ways
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising success at six figure level and above, including building strategic partnerships in a way that maximises value for donor and recipient and builds profile with external audiences
- Knowledge of the humanitarian, development and philanthropic sectors
- Experience mobilising executives and senior stakeholders for strategic donor engagement.
- Strategic and forward thinking, with the ability to develop and lead a DAF growth strategy
- Ambitious and proactive community builder with strong professional network of DAF contacts that can be leveraged to identify and engage high net worth clientele
- Demonstrable success in proposal preparation, and solicitation of donors
- Strong experience in collaboration to develop program proposals and other donor impact opportunities
- Degree level education in international relations or related disciplines preferred
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on jobs-near-me.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.