Philanthropy and Partnerships Representative (1848)
Working at Oxfam
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have extensive fundraising experience with a strong track record of successfully securing high value donations?
Do you have familiarity with the ways of working within communities of HNWIs and foundations in Switzerland and Liechtenstein?
Do you have project management experience with an ability to work independently and remotely?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
The purpose of the role is to represent Oxfam in Switzerland with a focus on Individual Philanthropists, Trusts and Foundations and the Private Sector. The role is responsible for identifying and building relationships with key individuals from these sectors in Switzerland and Liechtenstein as a key element of diversifying our income growth. You will deliver multi-year income to Oxfam by maintaining and growing existing partnerships and supporting Swiss based new partnership leads to identify and secure new supporters and partners. You will bring a catalytic approach to fundraising in this market, seeking to cultivate new relationships via networking, external face-to-face meetings and excellent cultivation and stewardship whilst working to raise the profile of Oxfam’s work in Switzerland. Working remotely, you will however be an integral part of the team, being closely supported by your colleagues in Oxfam (London & Oxford).
Please note that the hiring manager for this role will be in Geneva on Wednesday 25 October and would be keen to meet potential candidates informally face-to-face, so we would encourage applications before this date if possible, if this isn’t possible please do reach out directly to the hiring manager on [email protected]
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a candidate who cares about Oxfam’s mission to end poverty and is personally aligned to our feminist principles and values of empowerment, accountability and inclusion in all you do.
An ideal candidate for the role will also be / have:
- Extensive fundraising experience with a strong track record of successfully securing 6 figure-plus donations.
- Familiarity with, and insight into, the ways of working within communities of HNWIs and foundations in Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
- Project management experience (involving people and coordinating activities across and between departments).
- Experience of independent working – operating within a team but managed remotely.
- Experience of senior internal and external engagement which have led to the inception of new relationships/partnerships.
- Ability to lead discussions, at a multidisciplinary, cross organisation level, about the best approach to a potential partner.
- An entrepreneurial approach, ability to take the initiative and be prepared to learn from failure.
- Attention to detail – tracking and recording the progress of a relationship in accordance with Oxfam’s standards.
- Familiarity with the European Foundations Market.
- Swiss German with fluent English and preferably French.
We offer a competitive salary and a range of additional benefits to staff including flexible working options, generous pension scheme, annual leave, additional leave allowances, company sick pay, life assurance and a range of other benefits.
From the day you join Oxfam we invite you to stretch and learn in your role. Our wide range of Learning & Development opportunities includes in-house courses, e-learning modules, on-the job learning opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and much more.
You can read more about all Oxfam has to offer here.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. As the role is for one year, we are looking for full time hours, but we welcome discussing this as a job share or flexible hours during the week.
The role will require travel to the UK, primarily Oxford or London at least once a quarter and travel within Europe is expected a couple of times a year.
How to apply:
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Apply For This Role
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.