University of Texas at Tyler
Pharmacist Intern – Pharmacy (23000565)
Job Type(Full or Part-time):Part Time Benefits Eligibility :Non Benefit Eligible
Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F
The Pharmacist Intern, with an emphasis on learning, works under the supervision and direction of a Pharmacist to give pharmaceutical care to patients by assisting in the compounding and dispensing of medications and other pharmaceuticals in agreement with federal, state and local regulations and hospital policy.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
· Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, performs designated technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of medications, including sterile admixtures and prepackaged or unit-dose drugs.
· Under the supervision of a Pharmacist, compounds or admixes ingredients appropriately, including IV admixtures, small and large volume solutions, syringes and irrigation solutions under established policies and procedures.
· Calculates the appropriate formula for drug to be compounded, weighing and measuring needed amounts with 100% accuracy.
· Prepares parenteral nutrition solutions and labels them appropriately.
· Enters medication orders from doctors’ order sheets/prescriptions and fill according to label, ensuring that the correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and charge quantity are in agreement with formulary; enters correct billing data.
· Performs delivery and stocking duties to ensure proper drug distribution.
· Delivers medication appropriately to patients, and delivers delivery carts to floors daily.
· Packages medication in proper amount and containers, labeling the drug and log book appropriately.
· Helps in maintaining pharmacy drug stock by regularly checking for products that are outdated and/or low in inventory level; communicates immediately with the pharmacist when inventory levels are low, and helps with drug purchasing and inventory control in an appropriate way as needed.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
· Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: typing, information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email.
· Knowledge of applicable federal, state and regulatory requirements.
· Ability to follow established safety, infection control, environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all times.
· Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
· Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow chart protocols.
· Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and dispensing of prescription medications.
General knowledge of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and aseptic techniques, standards and equipment.
Required Education / Experience:
· Registered as a Pharmacy Intern in the State of Texas
· Currently enrolled or graduated from an accredited school of pharmacy
· Must have completed 30 credit hours of work towards a professional degree in pharmacy.
: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
: Nov 7, 2023, 12:45:53 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.