People & Culture Director
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Position: People & Culture Director
Location: National Office, Phnom Penh
Salary: Negotiable with relevant experience
Closing Date: 15 November 2023
To provide strategic leadership to WVI Cambodia in the area of people management & organizational development in order to optimize organizational performance, fulfil World Visions mission, vision, and core values, and to contribute to the measurable improvement of the well-being of vulnerable children and communities in Cambodia.
The P&C Director is based in Cambodia with primary focus on leading the P&C function in WVI Cambodia. Is responsible for developing and promoting P&C strategy, leadership development and sustainability, staff and organizational well-being, performance and accountability culture, diverse and talented workforce with the right set of mindsets and behaviors, internal and external networking for greater impact and a professional and sustainable P&C function in the organization.
Plays a key role in assessing internal and external environment in the workplace demands to ensure a proper change management and organizational culture approach, that considers local context and lead actions on attracting and retaining qualified work force, appropriate to local context.
Strategy development and execution
- Provide strategic guidance and input to the National Director and the Senior Leadership Team in the alignment and execution of the Field Office Strategy and business plans with Our Promise.
- Develop and implement the People and Culture (P&C) strategy and business plans in support of and in alignment with country, regional and global strategic priorities.
- Spearhead the monitoring and reporting of people & culture metrics related to talent acquisition, development, retention, partnering for performance, employee engagement and organizational leadership
Promoting Leadership quality and sustainability
- Build the capacity, depth and breadth of Field Office and project leadership to meet the evolving leadership needs, to realize Our Promise and to enable transformational mindsets and behaviours in the changing environment.
- Identify and nurture globally, regionally and in-country mobile talent to support leadership and career development, succession planning and retention of high potential managers and leaders. and to prepare a pipeline for future leadership.
- Design and spearhead the development of staff capacity, including mindsets and behaviors, to work effectively in the local context.
- Design and execute an orientation and on-boarding strategy that will enable staff to understand Our Promise and its implications on World Visions work in different contexts,
Organizational Development and Change Management
- Organization Development initiatives reflect excellent change management principles to gain traction and make lasting organization wide change.
- Culture Management plans are in place across divisions and are focused on strategic behaviors and capabilities.
- Leadership development programs are in place that produce cultural alignment, build leadership skills and develop behaviors consistent with WVI Cambodia values and expectations of leaders.
- Ability to manage small- and large-scale changes working very closely with the Leadership Team.
- Provides in-depth understanding of Organizational Designs and workforce planning
Ensuring Staff engagement and well-being
- Maximise staff well-being to enable staff to embrace the opportunities and challenges in meeting Our Promise. Contextualize, promote and support systems, services and programs for staff well-being
- Execute the Our Voice survey and leverage the results to enhance Staff and Organisational Well-being. Together with all staff (getting their feedback) the senior leadership team, plan and drive measurable improvements in Organisational Leadership, Culture, Agility and Effectiveness.
- Strengthen the quality of Staff Care and Peer Support interventions.
- Identify the organisational culture gaps and plan culture change interventions to promote leadership and staff mindset & behaviour changes to deliver our promise to the most vulnerable children.
- Design and execute compensation and benefits strategy, systems and processes in alignment to Our Promise that enable the organisation to attract and retain required staff.
Promoting Accountability and performance culture
- In consultation with ND, Operations and Leadership team, recommending an appropriate structure realignment process to match program requirements, including pre-positioning for diversified funding.
- Spearhead the partnering for performance process.
- Keep WVI Cambodia P&C Policies up to date, in alignment to global and regional P&C Policies and in compliance with Local Laws and context.
- Ensure people management risks are identified and the organisation regularly reviews and implements adequate risk mitigation measures for fragile, conflict and response areas.
- Provide leadership in educating staff on employee relations and investigations protocol and ensure cases are managed confidentially and promptly.
- Support a culture of faith literacy and awareness of diversity. And promote principles for effective interfaith engagement in multi-faith contexts, as appropriate.
Developing Capable and available workforce
- Spearhead the acquisition and prepositioning of a diverse and talented workforce using work force planning
- Ensure that the Field Office recruitment policy, system and processes are well established for acquiring talent with required competencies, mindsets and behaviours required to realise Our Promise.
- Promote gender diversity through appropriate identification of talent at all levels.
Developing a strategic and professional People & Culture Team
- Ensure that the People & Culture function has the required capacity, capability, systems, processes, policies and guidelines to drive transformation of mindsets and behaviours and realisation of Our Promise.
- Promote a customer centric culture in the People & Culture function, ensuring professionalism and accountability in delivering services to staff and leaders.
- Provide overall leadership and technical support to the P&C team, coaching and mentoring the team through regular meetings, sharing and monitoring individual plans to support professional growth and development.
- Design efficient P&C systems and processes with a particular focus on process excellence and ensure that Our People is fully operational with accurate and complete information for decision making.
Promoting external and internal coordination
- Establish proactive linkages and strategic networks with key International NGOs and other stakeholders at the national and international level for broader impact and also to keep abreast of the ongoing changes in the external environment.
- Consistently develop and maintain effective working relationships with Regional P&C, SLT and different departments including field-based program managers.
- Education: Business Management or Social Sciences. Masters Degree in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years experience in Organisational Development and Human Resources Management or related fields, in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context.
- Significant 3-5 years of senior level leadership experience in an international environment
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional qualifications in Human Resource Management or Organisational Development (OD) or Leadership Development.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of HR management and staff development, and knowledge of HR and OD practices, group processes and dynamics and able to understand and apply it in Asian context is essential.
- Having prior grass root & Field experience in Asia.
- Proven networking, collaborative and team building skills.
- The candidate should have a personal calling, passion for service.
- People development in a cross-cultural setting and implemented organisational change at leadership level.
- Spiritual maturity, interfaith knowledge and a biblical worldview Ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Familiarity with INGO international staffing policies and sound knowledge of Regional/ Country labour laws.
- Demonstration of well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly flexible and agile in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex Human Resources problems.
- Agile decision making – knowledge for P&C/global policies at hand to facilitate decisions.
- Experience in emergency response scenario planning process.
- The position is based in Phnom Penh with regular visit to Regional Offices in the field programs in Cambodia. Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY
We no longer accept CVs and application forms via email. Please completed the WV Application Form, CV, and Cover Letter to the link apply above.
Please click onthisApplication FormforWV Application Form. If you haveanychallenges accessingthelink above, please callortelegramto010 928 290.
World VisionCambodiais committedtothe principlesofworkplace diversity.
Qualified womenanddisabled peopleareencouragedtoapply. Only short-listedcandidateswillbenotified. ApplicationsandCVswillnotbereturned. You could learn more about our achievements visitourwebsiteor ourFacebook page World Visioniscommittedtothe protectionofchildren. We are looking for a qualified and competent candidate whose background aligns with our core vision and mission. The successful applicant will be required to submit a criminal record and other related documents.
GO GREEN! SAVE THE TREES
All applications should be sent in soft copy (word document or PDF)
World Vision Cambodia is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
WVI is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned to our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
As part of the World Vision International-Cambodia mandate requirements for new staff, all candidates who are offered job are required to produce Local Police Clearance Certificate prior to date of joining in the organization.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.