Patient Care Tech, PCT, FT, Nights, Med Surg in Arlington, Texas
Texas Health Resources
Patient Care Tech (PCT) Med/Surg Unit
Fast-paced Unit is looking for top skilled PCT. Is that you?
Work location: Texas Health Arlington Memorial, 800 W. Randol Mill Road in Arlington, TX 76012.
Work hours: Full Time, Night Shift (6p to 6a) for 3 shifts, 36 hours per week. Weekend and holiday requirements. Growth potential and complete benefits package available.
· Self-Scheduling that helps with work/life balance as well as opportunities for educational and career growth
· The professional PCT exhibits understanding of basic human needs as well as demonstrates recognition and understanding of patient’s affiliations.
· Fast-paced, teaching environment, growth opportunity.
What You Will Do
Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
• Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
• Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
• Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
• Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
• Documents accurately and appropriately.
• In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
• In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
• Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
• Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
Additional perks of being a Texas Health PCT:
· Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave, flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment Program as well as several other benefits.
· Delivery of high quality of patient care through education, nursing research and innovations in nursing practice.
· Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
· A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for growth.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital has a rich history in North Texas. As a Level IV Trauma Center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center, we offer the communities of Arlington, Kennedale, Pantego, Mansfield and Grand Prairie advanced life-saving care close to home. The hospital is also certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services as a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, providing specialized care to our tiniest patients.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits , Job Listings by Category , recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to [email protected] .
Here’s What You Need
· High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
· Current TX CNA or PCT training with NHA, NAHP or NCCT or an accredited community college program or a THR approved program or
· Current EMT for TX or
· Military experience with medical training equivalent (Equivalent to EMT-B) or
· 1 year of applicable PCT experience in lieu of an active and approved certification or
· Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or foreign nurse degree program.
· BCLS – Basic Cardiac Life Support prior to providing independent patient care and maintained quarterly
· CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days of hire required.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.