Open Learning Faculty Member (Web): PSYC 3151: Developmental Psychology of Children
Thompson Rivers University
Open to both Internal and external
Open Learning Faculty Member
Posting In effect from
Closing Application Date
Teaching Allocation Percentage (TAP)
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (If Applicable)
Students explore normal human development from conception to middle childhood. A major focus is on the various genetic, environmental, social, family, and cultural factors that influence development in complex ways. The course has been designed to highlight cross-cultural research on development. Topics include major theoretical issues and research methods, prenatal development and birth, physical development throughout childhood, development of cognition and language, socialization (moral and sex-role development), and personality.
Open Learning Faculty Members are teaching staff in the Open Learning Division of TRU, and the role of the Open Learning Faculty Member is to actively encourage, support and guide students towards success in their academic studies. Open Learning Faculty Members must be skilled in teaching, fully knowledgeable of the subject matter and demonstrate a positive, open and caring attitude in all interaction with students.
Responsibilities of the Open Learning Faculty Member (Web) include but are not limited to:
- Administrative set up and record keeping
- Initiating and maintaining regular contact with the student as specified in the collective agreement
- Responding to all student queries by phone, e-mail or other method as appropriate within the time frame outlined in the collective agreement
- Marking all assignments, posting results and providing prompt feedback
- Marking exams and posting results
We anticipate 70 – 80 students in this course per year. These numbers are only estimates and actual numbers for the course may be greater or less than the estimated numbers.
We are looking for candidates with a PhD in academic Psychology with documented evidence of current and ongoing engagements in the course subject matter through research and/or the scholarship of teaching, including the dissemination of outcomes in appropriate academic venues.
The Open Learning Faculty Member must:
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in the subject matter of the course
- Have received training or have successful experience in the active facilitation of learning in a collaborative online environment
- Have direct experience working with current educational technologies, tools and Learning Management Systems
- Have demonstrated knowledge of effective pedagogy in the use of current educational technology and tools
- Have demonstrated skills and abilities in the delivery of flexible learning materials, the application of instructional technology and in the application of adult learning principles
According to TRUOLFA Salary Schedule
BC CA (Primary)
Qualified TRUOLFA applicants will be given first consideration filling this post
# of Hires Needed
Thompson Rivers University -> Open Learning -> Program Delivery
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment:
Thompson Rivers University is strongly committed to hiring based on merit with a focus on fostering diversity of thought within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, Indigenous, Black and People of Colour, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.