University of Texas at Tyler
LVN-Lindale Clinic – Lindale Clinic (23000752)
Job Type(Full or Part-time):Full Time Benefits Eligibility :Full Benefits
Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is responsible for assisting and collaborating in the delivery of nursing care consistent with the multidisciplinary recovery plan for a specific assigned patient group. Participates in gathering assessment data and jointly planning patient care within the scope of practice of an LVN. Provides care to meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient, carrying out the physician’s orders in a manner that ensures quality and patient safety.
Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical Tasks:
· Observes, assesses, plans, intervenes, and evaluates outcomes and documents all aspects of patient care to assist in providing quality services.
· Possesses a unique knowledge regarding the patient population to be served.
· Assists in establishing and maintaining an environment that is therapeutic.
· Executes physician’s orders for all assigned patients; administers medications and treatments and delivers population specific competent nursing care.
· Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare teaching, able to obtain consents.
· Respects and supports patient rights.
· Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information at all times, follow up on all patients.
· Is flexible in work schedule. Understands that duties, location of work and shift/pattern are subject to change as determined by the administration to meet the needs of the unit.
· Supports the mission and vision of the facility.
· Other duties as assigned.
Accompanying Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Ability to operate standard office equipment and medical equipment such as I.V. pumps, portable oxygen, fluids, etc.
Required Education / Experience:
· Completion of an approved Certificate LVN Nursing program.
· 1 year experience as an LVN in a clinic setting preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certification:
· Maintain current LVN license to practice in the state of Texas.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain current BLS certification.
This is a clinical environment.
Occasional (1-100 times) Frequently (101-500 times) Constant (500+ times) Not at All (0 times)
· Lift, Push, Pull – Things/Objects up to 75lbs: Occasional (1-100 times)
· Bending/Stooping: Occasional (1-100 times)
· Gripping/Pinching (forceful/repetitive): Occasional (1-100 times)
· Kneeling/Squatting: Occasional (1-100 times)
· Reaching Forward: Occasional (1-100 times)
· Reaching Overhead: Occasional (1-100 times)
· Typing/Computer Use: Frequently (101-500 times)
· Climbing, Crawling, Digging: Not at All (0 times)
· Driving Car or Truck: Not at All (0 times)
· Operating Heavy Equipment or Tools: Not at All (0 times)
· Working at Heights: Not at All (0 times)
· Walking: Constant (500+ times)
· Sitting: Constant (500+ times)
· Standing: Constant (500+ times)
: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
: Nov 3, 2023, 1:05:55 PM
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.